Key Relationships Manager
As Key Relationships Manager, you'll work in close collaboration with the Director of Key Relationships to manage and implement charity: water's annual major donor revenue strategy and targets for Water. You'll manage a team of associates to exceed annual revenue targets by executing fundraising initiatives and campaigns, improving the donor experience that'll result in YOY retention, and streamlining & improving research and prospecting efforts. You'll manage a portfolio of major supporters and manage cultivation and stewardship initiatives throughout the year. You'll become a Salesforce/NGO Connect Customer Relationship Management (CRM) expert and will oversee efforts to maximize and leverage the system's capabilities to aid fundraising efforts.
By offering radical transparency, supporting our 100% model and a brand built on hope, you will be an innovative, creative team member who's both an externally-facing relationship manager as well as an internally-facing team lead.
Health is Wealth
Dental & Vision
Flexible Spending Account
Employer-paid Life Insurance
Employer-paid Short and Long- term Disability
Retire in Style
401K and Employer Match
Work hard, Play hard
Unlimited Vacation Policy
(Just get your work done!)
Ride the Train
Unlimited Monthly Metrocard
Pursue your passion
After five years, employees are encouraged to take a 4-6 week paid sabbatical to travel, volunteer, learn something new, or follow their personal goals.
- As an integral member of the team, you'll report to the Director of Key Relationships and support our team ethos by collaborating closely with other members of the Key Relationships team and throughout the organization
- You'll manage a portfolio of major gift supporters and engage key long-term, new, and prospective givers through relationship building to raise dollars for clean water projects and lead them on a donor journey to maximize their lifetime value
- You'll oversee the Water Project Sponsorship "product," advise on proposal templates, and drive major supporter campaigns by liaising with Production, Creative, and Engineering teams on details
- You'll oversee major gift supporters' water reporting from donation to completion and make necessary upgrades and adjustments that will drive supporter satisfaction and result in YoY renewals
- You'll lead on the team's continued integration onto the Salesforce platform, becoming an expert in utilizing the CRM for the benefit of the KR team
- You'll oversee ongoing analytics for the Water revenue and liaise with Finance and Programs. You'll provide accurate figures so that you can recommend new opportunities and changes to the donor experience and engagement based on data
- You'll manage and mentor two Associate-level team members and provide guidance and oversight of their deliverables, portfolios and projects
- You'll manage KR's supporter research efforts that effectively mine existing supporter data and result in increased engagement and giving
- You'll monitor the cumulative pipeline for Water, ensuring accuracy of projections
- You'll collaborate with event production and The Well team to either own and coordinate or contribute to events for purposes of new supporter cultivation and existing supporter stewardship
- You'll work with the UK team to streamline processes for financials and reporting for UK water donors
- You'll learn, study, and become an expert on charity: water's programmatic work as well as become informed and articulate about international Water, Sanitation & Hygiene (WASH) issues.
- Bachelor's degree.
- 4-5 years of fundraising or sales experience and a proven track record of raising major gift funds are preferred
- 2-3 years management experience, consistently meeting or exceeding revenue targets
- An incredible passion for our mission that invigorates and excites everyone with whom you share it with
- Outstanding communication skills, articulate and persuasive, with well-honed relationship building skills
- Drive and sophistication, excited by the opportunity to help shape the future of the fundraising department and the organization as a whole
- A team-orientation and strong work ethic, essential for this demanding environment that continually strives for excellence
- Highly developed interpersonal skills with the presence and personal style to represent the organization to multiple constituents
You're uniquely people-oriented.
You're more than capable of cultivating productive relationships. You'll work closely with Fortune 500 CEOs, philanthropists, influencers and other diverse personalities. This doesn't intimidate you, but excites you. You thrive on building and developing these relationships with intelligence, maturity and professionalism.
You're a strategic thinker
You have the strategic prowess and social intelligence required to help build scalable models that leverage charity: water's brand, assets, relationships and opportunities to meet aggressive growth goals.
You are a leader
You are skilled at accomplishing things through other people. You can run multiple work streams that extend far beyond your immediate team. You can provide leadership for peers, subordinates and partners.
You're a team player
You can coordinate efforts with many different departments -- both internal and external -- to get the job done right. You use sound judgment and intuitive analysis. And you know to follow up to make sure everyone's on the same page.
You understand the value of our supporters
You make everyone feel special. You're able to get anyone excited about what we do and make their experience with us unique. You're inviting, discerning and thoughtful.
You see something that needs improvement and you take action. You love to find opportunities, and are not afraid to roll up your sleeves and dive into complex revenue challenges.
You're extremely organized and detail oriented
You prioritize well and are able to manage important projects, schedules, and communications in an orderly fashion.
This opportunity is for those located in (or willing to re-locate to) the NYC area only.
Meet Some of charity: water's Employees
Supporter Experience Manager
Kaitlyn provides customer service and assistance to charity: water’s donors, supporters, and fundraisers. She makes sure all requests are met and all campaigns are kept running smoothly.
Back to top