Director of Marketing
As the Director of Marketing, you will develop and execute the strategy to attract supporters and inspire actions that grow online revenue through our new monthly giving community, The Spring. You will report to the COO and lead a lean team focused on acquisition and retention of our grassroots supporters. You'll work with the creative team to develop unforgettable and inspirational marketing campaigns to drive awareness and donor experiences to foster the community. You'll identify new audiences and channels for growth. You'll work with the product team to leverage marketing insights to drive feature enhancements within the existing product experience.
Health is Wealth
Dental & Vision
Flexible Spending Account
Employer-paid Life Insurance
Employer-paid Short and Long- term Disability
Retire in Style
401K and Employer Match
Work hard, Play hard
Unlimited Vacation Policy
(Just get your work done!)
Ride the Train
Unlimited Monthly Metrocard
- Design and implement marketing campaigns focused on awareness and conversion, and advocate on the behalf of marketing
- Lead and analyze consumer engagement, conversions, and site traffic
- Utilize data and insights to continuously refine existing campaigns
- Measure and report performance of all digital marketing initiatives
- Build outstanding lifecycle marketing tactics for onboarding, retention and winback segments
- Partner with Creative and Product to increase LTV, specifically for the monthly giving program
- Partner with the Creative Team to advance charity: water's position in the marketplace with high-visibility, high-impact, innovative campaigns
- Leverage user research to identify, develop, strengthen and evolve marketing initiatives
- Lead and grow a small team of marketers
- Work directly with data analytics, product and finance to create KPIs and success metrics
- Oversee PR, customer service and community initiatives to drive awareness and engagement
- Track and communicate results to leadership and continuously hit revenue targets
- At least 7 years of hands on digital marketing experience
- At least 5 years of experience leading a marketing team with hands on management experience for a team of at least 3 people
- A proven track record of managing and inspiring team members to develop successful marketing campaigns
- Experience building and optimizing acquisition, loyalty marketing, and retention programs
- Experience developing and executing customer segmentation strategies
- Experience growing subscription and/or recurring products preferred
- A desire and talent to work with the Creative Director to design bring innovative and creative marketing and growth campaigns to life.
- Demonstrated ability to operate both strategically and tactically
- Previous experience building strategic plans, and working directly with data to drive decisions
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills with the ability to work well cross-functionally
- The desire and ability to be thrifty and innovative, working with a very lean marketing budget to accomplish your goals
You know what you're doing.
You're a born marketer with a proven track record managing a high performing marketing function. You're a true marketing generalist with a broad range of hands-on experience. You have a strong understanding of the online marketing ecosystem and a deep understanding of all online marketing channels (e.g. email, marketing automation, social media, display, affiliate, SEM and SEO). You can handle just about anything that comes your way.
You love our supporters.
You're passionate about giving every person who interacts with the charity: water brand an unforgettable experience. You thrive on understanding what makes people tick. You're keen to understand the motivations of our supporters, and then share that intelligence to help other teams develop stronger performing strategies.
You have a team ethos.
You thrive in a creative, inventive, fast-paced start-up environment, with people who are passionate about their work and mission. You're excited to work cross-functionally with other departments. You enjoy working with others to reach common goals and objectives. People enjoy working with you because they know they can trust you.
You value precision.
You're meticulous. You know accuracy is important regardless of whether anyone is watching, and you strive for excellence in every detail.
You're a mentor.
You enjoy managing and training team members and understand how to maximize their skills and strengths. You're deeply invested in growing people, and in helping them bring new ideas to life.
You take initiative.
You see something that needs improvement and you take action. You propose solutions to problems. You have a proven ability to plan, lead, implement and track marketing projects from concept through implementation. You're proactive about making sure various departments have the information they need about your projects.
You're a communication ace.
You know that the secret to success is keeping people in the know. You not only know what to communicate but when, how and why it's important. You possess exceptional interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
This opportunity is for those located in (or willing to re-locate to) the NYC area only.
Meet Some of charity: water's Employees
Supporter Experience Manager
Kaitlyn provides customer service and assistance to charity: water’s donors, supporters, and fundraisers. She makes sure all requests are met and all campaigns are kept running smoothly.
Back to top