Director of Marketing
As the Director of Marketing, you will lead a lean team to build a best in class lifecycle marketing function. You’ll promote the mission and brand to attract supporters and inspire actions that grow consumer revenue; delivering exciting and thoughtful experiences along the way. You’ll work with the creative team to develop unforgettable and inspirational marketing campaigns that drive awareness. You’ll identify new audiences and channels for growth. In partnership with the product team, you will drive growth online by increasing the number of active campaigners, donors and monthly subscribers that support the organization. You’ll also work with the product team to leverage marketing insights to drive feature enhancements within the existing product experience and new revenue-generating donation products for the organization.
Health is Wealth
Dental & Vision
Flexible Spending Account
Employer-paid Life Insurance
Employer-paid Short and Long- term Disability
Retire in Style
401K and Employer Match
Work hard, Play hard
Unlimited Vacation Policy
(Just get your work done!)
Ride the Train
Unlimited Monthly Metrocard
- Design and implement marketing campaigns focused on awareness and conversion
- Utilize data and insights to continuously refine existing campaigns
- Build outstanding lifecycle marketing tactics for onboarding, retention and winback segments
- Increase LTV, specifically for the monthly giving program
- Partner with the creative team to advance charity:water’s position in the marketplace with high-visibility, high-impact, innovative campaigns
- Leverage user research to identify, develop, strengthen and evolve marketing initiatives
- Lead and grow a team of marketers
- Ensure the team is working together and efficiently across design and development to ensure timely successful campaigns, with solid processes for QA and approvals
- Work directly with data analytics, product and finance to create KPIs and success metrics
- Oversee PR and community initiatives to drive awareness and engagement
- Track and communicate results to leadership and continuously hit revenue targets
- At least 7 years of experience working in digital marketing
- Experience managing a marketing team of at least 5 people
- Experience building and optimizing acquisition, loyalty marketing, and retention programs
- Experience developing subscription and/or recurring products preferred
- Strong understanding of online marketing ecosystem and deep understanding of all online marketing channels (e.g. email, newsletter, social media, display, affiliate, SEM and SEO)
- Strong organization and project management skills with proven ability to plan, lead, implement and track marketing projects from concept through implementation, working with simultaneous and multiple deadlines, and within budget
- Demonstrated ability to operate both strategically and tactically in a high-energy, fast-paced environment
- Previous experience building strategic plans, and working directly with data to drive decisions
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills with the ability to work well cross-functionally
You’re an inventor and innovator.
charity: water is committed to constantly inventing new ways to connect people with the direct impact of their gifts. You thrive in a creative and inventive environments with people who are passionate about their work.
You have a team ethos
You thrive in a creative, inventive, fast-paced start-up environment, with people who are passionate about their work and mission. You’re excited to work cross-functionally with other departments.
You’re a strong strategic thinker and problem solver.
You have an ability to apply conceptual strategy, brainstorm facilitation, and day-to-day directing of projects through completion. You find new and efficient ways to streamline processes and create innovative approaches to difficult problems.
You take initiative
You see something that needs improvement and you take action. You propose solutions to problems and research subjects that will help you do your job better. You’re proactive about making sure various departments have the information they need about your projects.
You’re a communication ace
You know that the secret to success is keeping people in the know. You not only know what to communicate but when, how and why it’s important.
This opportunity is for those located in (or willing to re-locate to) the NYC area only.
Meet Some of charity: water's Employees
Supporter Experience Manager
Kaitlyn provides customer service and assistance to charity: water’s donors, supporters, and fundraisers. She makes sure all requests are met and all campaigns are kept running smoothly.
Back to top