Director of Business Development
As the Director of Business Development, you’ll lead the front-facing business development function for charity: water. You’ll be responsible for sparking new business, developing new relationships for both brand partnerships and corporate foundations, and mining our current eco-system for new revenue opportunities. You’ll help grow our community of generous brand partners by articulating our unique strategic value proposition of innovative ideas, radical transparency, our 100% model and storytelling capability. You’ll spend your time identifying and meeting face-to-face with prospective partners and c-suite executives sharing the charity: water story, and ideating inspiring new campaign ideas to help the team meet and exceed our annual revenue targets. You’ll be a brand ambassador and occasionally speak on behalf of the organization at conferences and events.
Health is Wealth
Dental & Vision
Flexible Spending Account
Employer-paid Life Insurance
Employer-paid Short and Long- term Disability
Retire in Style
401K and Employer Match
Work hard, Play hard
Unlimited Vacation Policy
(Just get your work done!)
Ride the Train
Unlimited Monthly Metrocard
- As a member of the Brand Partnerships team, you’ll report to the COO and work hand-in-hand with the Senior Manager of Brand Partnerships the ensure that new business is in support of the day to day operations of the team.
- You’ll be a front-facing brand ambassador and sales leader to help spark meaningful partnerships and achieve the annual revenue goal.
- You’ll work towards a collective $12M goal for Brand Partnerships in 2016, and show the ability to generate $3M in new business in 2017
- You’ll execute strategies focused on new acquisition and repeatable growth for the brand partnerships team.
- You’ll build a robust portfolio of reliable brand partners over $100K+ and engage like-minded corporates and brands globally that have never been involved with charity: water.
- You’ll be responsible for prospecting potential new brand partners using various direct methods (such as calling and face-to-face meetings), networking, speaking engagements and research using your existing network and the charity: water ecosystem.
- You’ll strategize with the Senior Manager of Brand Partnerships to cultivate long-term and holistic partnerships, integrating various giving and engagement tactics.
- You’ll analyze data to find new opportunities and ensure all activities are measurable to drive efficiency and maximize results.
- You will represent the organization at various networking and cultivation events to bring new brand partners into the funnel and identify fruitful partnership opportunities.
- You’ll deliver an exceptional first experience for new charity: water partners and facilitate strong relationships between them and the organization.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Experience in the sales/marketing/advertising industries is a must.
- Minimum of 6+ years of new business cultivation or sales experience and a proven track record of revenue generation.
- A network of strong corporate relationships with marketing and CSR leaders.
- An incredible passion for our mission that invigorates and excites everyone with whom you share it with.
- Outstanding communication and storytelling skills, articulate and persuasive, with well-honed relationship building skills.
- Drive,sophistication and passion, excited by the opportunity to help shape the future of the brand partnerships team and the organization as a whole.
- A team-orientation and strong work ethic, essential for this demanding environment that continually strives for excellence.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills possessing the ability to represent the organization to senior level partner stakeholders.
You’re remarkably people-oriented.
You have an innate social intelligence. You can relate to all types of people and you’re a skilled conversationalist. You enjoy meeting new people; developing and maintaining relationships is a natural tendency. You are likable, engaging, interesting and interested. If you walk into a room of 50 people, each would be excited to invite you to dinner at their home.
You’re a communication ace.
You take your role seriously, knowing that someone’s experience with charity: water can start — or end — with you. Clear, consistent and compelling communication is everything to you. You’re passionate about giving every person who interacts with the charity: water brand across earned channels an unforgettable experience.
You take initiative.
You see something that needs improvement and you take action. You propose solutions to problems and research subjects that will help you do your job better. You’re proactive about making sure various departments have the information they need about your projects.
You have a team ethos.
You thrive in a creative, inventive, fast-paced start-up environment, with people who are passionate about their work and mission. You’re excited to work cross-functionally with other departments.
You are passionate about your work and what it means.
You want to help build and nurture the organization to help us fight the world water crisis.
This opportunity is for those located in (or willing to re-locate to) the NYC area only.
Meet Some of charity: water's Employees
Supporter Experience Manager
Kaitlyn provides customer service and assistance to charity: water’s donors, supporters, and fundraisers. She makes sure all requests are met and all campaigns are kept running smoothly.
Back to top