Director of Business Development
As the Director of Business Development, you’ll lead the front-facing business development function for charity: water. You’ll be responsible for sparking new business, developing new relationships for both brand partnerships and corporate foundations, and mining our current eco-system for new revenue opportunities. You’ll help grow our community of generous brand partners by articulating our unique strategic value proposition of innovative ideas, radical transparency, our 100% model and storytelling capability. You’ll spend your time identifying and meeting face-to-face with prospective partners and c-suite executives sharing the charity: water story, and ideating inspiring new campaign ideas to help the team meet and exceed our annual revenue targets. You’ll be a brand ambassador and occasionally speak on behalf of the organization at conferences and events.
- As a member of the Brand Partnerships team, you’ll report to the COO and work hand-in-hand with the Senior Manager of Brand Partnerships the ensure that new business is in support of the day to day operations of the team.
- You’ll be a front-facing brand ambassador and sales leader to help spark meaningful partnerships and achieve the annual revenue goal.
- You'll work towards a collective $12M goal for Brand Partnerships in 2016, and show the ability to generate $3M in new business in 2017
- You’ll execute strategies focused on new acquisition and repeatable growth for the brand partnerships team.
- You’ll build a robust portfolio of reliable brand partners over $100K+ and engage like-minded corporates and brands globally that have never been involved with charity: water.
- You’ll be responsible for prospecting potential new brand partners using various direct methods (such as calling and face-to-face meetings), networking, speaking engagements and research using your existing network and the charity: water ecosystem.
- You’ll strategize with the Senior Manager of Brand Partnerships to cultivate long-term and holistic partnerships, integrating various giving and engagement tactics.
- You’ll analyze data to find new opportunities and ensure all activities are measurable to drive efficiency and maximize results.
- You will represent the organization at various networking and cultivation events to bring new brand partners into the funnel and identify fruitful partnership opportunities.
- You’ll deliver an exceptional first experience for new charity: water partners and facilitate strong relationships between them and the organization.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Experience in the sales/marketing/advertising industries is a must.
- Minimum of 6+ years of new business cultivation or sales experience and a proven track record of revenue generation.
- A network of strong corporate relationships with marketing and CSR leaders.
- An incredible passion for our mission that invigorates and excites everyone with whom you share it with.
- Outstanding communication and storytelling skills, articulate and persuasive, with well-honed relationship building skills.
- Drive,sophistication and passion, excited by the opportunity to help shape the future of the brand partnerships team and the organization as a whole.
- A team-orientation and strong work ethic, essential for this demanding environment that continually strives for excellence.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills possessing the ability to represent the organization to senior level partner stakeholders.
- You’re remarkably people-oriented.
- You have an innate social intelligence. You can relate to all types of people and you’re a skilled conversationalist. You enjoy meeting new people; developing and maintaining relationships is a natural tendency. You are likable, engaging, interesting and interested. If you walk into a room of 50 people, each would be excited to invite you to dinner at their home.
- You're a communication ace.
- You take your role seriously, knowing that someone’s experience with charity: water can start -- or end -- with you. Clear, consistent and compelling communication is everything to you. You're passionate about giving every person who interacts with the charity: water brand across earned channels an unforgettable experience.
- You take initiative.
- You see something that needs improvement and you take action. You propose solutions to problems and research subjects that will help you do your job better.
- You’re proactive about making sure various departments have the information they need about your projects.
- You have a team ethos.
- You thrive in a creative, inventive, fast-paced start-up environment, with people who are passionate about their work and mission. You’re excited to work cross-functionally with other departments.
- You are passionate about your work and what it means.
- You want to help build and nurture the organization to help us fight the world water crisis.
This opportunity is for those located in (or willing to re-locate to) the NYC area only.
Back to top