Benefits and HR Associate
As the Benefits and HR Associate, you love all things benefits, HRIS and onboarding related. You're a people person with an acute attention to detail. Your focus will be on providing quality customer support to our staff and work closely with our Head of People and Culture to foster a community of high performance, innovation, and passion.
Health is Wealth
Dental & Vision
Flexible Spending Account
Employer-paid Life Insurance
Employer-paid Short and Long- term Disability
Retire in Style
401K and Employer Match
Work hard, Play hard
Unlimited Vacation Policy
(Just get your work done!)
Ride the Train
Unlimited Monthly Metrocard
- You'll manage and own the annual benefits open enrollment process, researching the best providers and plans for our staff and the org, explaining new programs to staff and being the point person for all enrollment questions.
- You'll manage our HRIS for data integrity, system changes/upgrades, and automation of People and Culture processes.
- You'll work with the Office Operations team and cross-departmentally to manage the onboarding for new team members.
- You'll streamline and continue to develop our onboarding process.
- You'll manage the anniversary and birthday process for staff.
- You'll be customer support driven, finding the answers and root of the problem for all staff questions.
- You'll create and maintain spreadsheets, reports, and e-files for People and Culture, including employee files.
- You'll help with the recruiting process by scheduling interviews and conducting first round interviews.
- You'll support with a variety of general People and Culture activities, such as the intern program, staff announcements, celebrations, etc…
- You'll support with managing various projects between People and Culture and other departments
- You'll have a positive attitude and a passion for learning. You understand that everything you do impacts our employees. No task is too small.
- Bachelor's degree in organizational management, human resources, or related field or similar experience.
- At least 2 years of HR experience with 1 years of benefits management experience.
- Experience analyzing and working with benefit providers.
- Experience owning open enrollment.
- Experience working with TriNet or similar all-in-one PEO HR software.
- Experience handling sensitive information and operating with respect, integrity, and confidentiality.
- Recruiting and non-profit experience is a plus.
- Data modeling experience is a plus.
You're a systems thinker
You have an ability to apply conceptual strategy, brainstorm facilitation, and day-to-day directing of projects through completion. You find new and efficient ways to streamline processes and create innovative approaches to difficult problems. You love to identify people's strengths and build processes to make things run more smoothly.
You can find the root cause of problems
You enjoy not just addressing the immediate issue, but tracking down and resolving the underlying source of the problem.
You're passionate about accuracy and attention to detail
You double and triple-check your work because you know that accurate data is crucial to operating successfully. You pay strong attention to detail, have excellent math, grammar, spelling and proofreading skills.
You're so organized, it's embarrassing
You pay remarkable attention to the smallest details and have meticulous organizational skills. Your closet and kitchen drawers are a testament to this skill: when something doesn't have a place, you make one for it and teach others to keep it that way. You can manage schedules, incoming inquiries, call logs and desk drawers.
You have a team ethos and you love working with people
You thrive in a creative, inventive, fast-paced startup environment, with people who are passionate about their work and mission. You're excited to work cross-functionally with other departments and enjoy bringing people together to achieve a goal. People enjoy working with you because they know they can trust you. Your greatest skill is establishing and cultivating strong relationships with all types of people. You find joy in mentoring team members so they can maximize their effectiveness.
You're a communication ace
You take your role seriously, knowing that someone's experience with charity: water can start -- or end-- with you. Clear, consistent, and compelling communication is everything to you. You're passionate about giving every person who interacts with the charity: water brand across all channels an unforgettable experience.
This opportunity is for those located in (or willing to re-locate to) the NYC area only.
Meet Some of charity: water's Employees
Supporter Experience Manager
Kaitlyn provides customer service and assistance to charity: water’s donors, supporters, and fundraisers. She makes sure all requests are met and all campaigns are kept running smoothly.
Back to top