Senior Accountant/Pod Lead
Ceterus exists to empower small business entrepreneurs. Our focus on driving small business success pairs a rich understanding of accounting and financial analysis with an emphasis on development of user-friendly, sophisticated technology.
Our core values and the diverse makeup of our world class team drive our organization forward.
At Ceterus we are combining the very best in accounting automation technology with excellent accounting talent to deliver timely, accurate financial insights to our customers. The ideal candidate individual will join a team tasked with working with customers, ensuring their financial statements are accurate and on-time. The ideal candidate will be working with our accounting automation technology everyday, helping to build the most accurate and efficient for each customer.
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills are a must
- The ideal candidate will focus on reviewing customer financial statements to ensure accuracy.
- The ideal candidate will focus on providing relevant insights to the customer as it relates to their business; both current and future looking insights.
- Examples include: sales trends, spending trends, personnel trends, budgets/forecasting
- Own, manage, and foster positive customer relationships; as well as take full responsibility for activities associated with said customers
- Manage a significant load of customers within a defined brand or industry
- Lead, mentor, and train 3-10 accountants who will be working with transactions on a daily basis and closing the books monthly
- Proactive communication with customers, written and oral, ensuring all customer needs are met in a timely manner
- Work with team members to automate pieces of the month-end close process (e.g. Variance Analysis) to ultimately speed up or eliminate the month-end close process as we know it today.
- Advanced knowledge of Accounting Systems (e.g. QuickBooks, SAP, etc)
- Advanced knowledge of the Ceterus Edge platform (if not inherent, quickly up to speed on all features and uses)
- Possess 3+ years of experience in Public Accounting or Corporate Accounting or equivalent
- Demonstrated effective management of 3+ direct reports
- Structured, organized and focused on process efficiencies
- Relentless pursuit of accuracy and quality
- Excellent communication skills - written and verbal
- Professional, driven, and results oriented
How We Take Care of Our People
Without our team members, our mission would simply be an idea. We recognize and value this contribution, and believe in showing our appreciation to our growing Charleston team.
Top-Notch Medical Benefits:
Including industry-leading medical, dental, and vision plans -- and many more benefits that allow our team members to prosper.
Employee Stock Options:
Do you work better with a little skin in the game? Us too. To that end, we offer competitive options for our team members.
An Environment that Works:
We believe every way we can empower our team members to succeed allows us to better serve our customers and our mission. Enter our next-generation, casual workspace.
Let's Get Social:
We believe a close team is a strong team, so bringing our people together to celebrate and socialize is important to us.
Back to top