Quality Assurance Analyst
Small business success is increasingly tied to technology. Ceterus is on a mission to empower entrepreneurs with technology. We build sophisticated yet elegant solutions that give entrepreneurs the insight they need to grow their businesses profitably. But we don’t ever let the technology get in the way.
Ceterus operates a SaaS accounting and reporting product for small business entrepreneurs. The accuracy of our results is critically important to our customers. We take accuracy so seriously, it is our #1 company value. We are looking for a QA Analyst to help ensure our results are always accurate and correct.
Our ideal candidate will be responsible for conducting tests before product launches to ensure software runs smoothly and produces bullet proof results. If you enjoy providing end-to-end solutions to software quality problems, we’d like to meet you.
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Create validated data sets that produce known results so we can use those to automate testing
- Identify, record, document thoroughly and track defects
- Perform thorough regression testing when defects are resolved
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies
- Work with Product Support to accurately document escalated issues so the Engineering team can address them
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- Proven work experience in software quality assurance
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases
- Hands-on experience with automated testing tools is a plus
- Solid knowledge of SQL
- Accounting experience or experience testing accounting software is highly desirable
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Education and Training
Bachelor’s degree in a technical field or equivalent work experience required.
How We Take Care of Our People:
Without our team members, our mission would simply be an idea. We recognize and value this contribution, and believe in showing our appreciation to our growing Charleston team.
Top-Notch Medical Benefits:
Including industry-leading medical, dental, and vision plans -- and many more benefits that allow our team members to prosper.
Employee Stock Options:
Do you work better with a little skin in the game? Us too. To that end, we offer competitive options for our team members to plan for the future with us.
We admire our team members’ ability to deliver results. Because of that, we offer team members the independence to decide when and where they’ll work. This includes self-managed, unlimited paid time off and paid holidays.
An Environment that Works:
We believe every way we can empower our team members to succeed allows us to better serve our customers and our mission. Enter our next-generation, pet-friendly workspace, with an on-site gym, lunch prepared fresh daily, and a casual atmosphere, to boot.
Let’s Get Social:
We believe a close team is a strong team, so bringing our people together to celebrate and socialize is important to us.
Meet Some of Ceterus's Employees
Michael works with small business owners on a day-to-day basis to assist them with their accounting and bookkeeping chores, thereby freeing up their time to improve their businesses.
Back to top