Senior HR Generalist
Saint-Gobain, the world leader in the habitat and construction markets, designs, manufactures and distributes building materials, providing innovative solutions to meet growing demand in emerging economies, for energy efficiency and for environmental protection. Saint-Gobain is a welcoming, solid, open-minded company that offers long-term career opportunities.
Through the responsible development of innovative and sustainable building products, CertainTeed, headquartered in Malvern, Pennsylvania, has helped shape the building products industry for more than 110 years. Founded in 1904 as General Roofing Manufacturing Company, the firm's slogan "Quality Made Certain, Satisfaction Guaranteed," quickly inspired the name CertainTeed. Today, CertainTeed® is North America’s leading brand of exterior and interior building products, including roofing, siding, fence, decking, railing, trim, insulation, gypsum and ceilings.
A subsidiary of Saint-Gobain, one of the world’s largest and oldest building products companies, CertainTeed and its affiliates have more than 5,700 employees and more than 60 manufacturing facilities throughout the United States and Canada. The group had total sales of approximately $3.3 billion in 2015. www.certainteed.com
Serves as part of the CertainTeed HR Central Support Team (CST) team and has an active role in providing full cycle human resources support to include the areas of recruitment, employee relations, performance management, compensation, benefits, and HR Operations. This role is important in executing the Company’s people initiatives, providing exceptional internal customer support, driving HR functional excellence, and process improvement.
Travel up to 20%.
Responsible for day-to-day human resource activities which include management and interpretation of policies, procedures and programs related to employment, compensation, benefits, performance management, employee relations and oversight of the HR operations function.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Effectively investigate employee relations issues. Analyze information from various sources and examine potential risks, to draw conclusions/solutions and ensure actions are legally compliant and in accordance with company values.
- Manage the HR operations team and provide oversight to the more transactional components of HR related to systems and processes. The primary areas of oversight will be payroll, compliance, reporting, HR administration and process improvement.
- Advise CertainTeed Management on HR issues including employee relations, performance management and employee development and training.
- Advise employees in various human resources management matters including interpersonal issues, training, and career development. Maintain open-door policy.
- Review disciplinary issues with management to identify best progressive discipline options, up to and including termination. As needed, recommend alternative paths to managers in the event disciplinary action and/or termination decision proposed is not appropriate and/or supported by proper documentation.
- Facilitate job requisition process, conduct interviews, make hiring and salary recommendations. Provide immigration support as needed.
- Manage employee commitment and engagement activities and programs; identifying opportunities to foster desired culture through employee programs and effective communication.
- Conduct internal HR audits to ensure compliance with established policies and procedures
- Position is involved in the analysis, design, and documentation of business processes.
- Partner with management to develop and revise job descriptions.
- Perform job evaluations slotting positions in accordance with organization’s Hay based salary structure.
- Conduct compensation comparisons for internal and market equity to make salary recommendations for new hires, reorganizations, equity adjustments, and promotions.
- Administration of merit increase process and various incentive plans.
- Manage information dissemination/communication on benefit changes.
- Support employee benefit issues, troubleshooting, etc. work with benefits department and vendors to resolve escalated benefit issues.
- Advise employees of retirement program and prepare information/communications regarding benefit costs, benefit eligibility, etc.
Work with managers to assess issues with employee performance and make recommendations to help facilitate improved performance or cycle out. Help manager to get at the real issues and recommends action plans.
Facilitate conflict resolutions with managers and employees. Make recommendations for ongoing team building/relationship building.
Assess current HR operations function and determine opportunities to create greater efficiencies through streamlining and other process improvement strategies.
- Requires a Bachelor's Degree in Human Resource Management or related field.
- 8-10 years of Human Resource Management experience.
- Previous experience managing a team required.
- Needs comprehensive understanding of employment legislation and regulations.
- Working knowledge of HRIS systems and expert skills in Excel and PowerPoint.
- Working exposure to multi-site, multi-state operations.
- Must have strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Must demonstrate a proper sense of urgency, decisiveness, integrity, and ability to make appropriate decisions.
- Must have excellent written/verbal skills.
- Must have the ability to interact and work effectively with all level of the organization, including executive management.
- Requires approximately up to 20% travel.
Back to top