Saint-Gobain, the world leader in the habitat and construction markets, designs, manufactures and distributes building materials, providing innovative solutions to meet growing demand in emerging economies, for energy efficiency and for environmental protection. Saint-Gobain is a welcoming, solid, open-minded company that offers long-term career opportunities.
Through the responsible development of innovative and sustainable building products, CertainTeed, headquartered in Malvern, Pennsylvania, has helped shape the building products industry for more than 110 years. Founded in 1904 as General Roofing Manufacturing Company, the firm's slogan "Quality Made Certain, Satisfaction Guaranteed," quickly inspired the name CertainTeed. Today, CertainTeed® is North America’s leading brand of exterior and interior building products, including roofing, siding, fence, decking, railing, trim, insulation, gypsum and ceilings.
A subsidiary of Saint-Gobain, one of the world’s largest and oldest building products companies, CertainTeed and its affiliates have more than 5,700 employees and more than 60 manufacturing facilities throughout the United States and Canada. The group had total sales of approximately $3.3 billion in 2015. www.certainteed.com
The Purchasing Agent position is responsible for the daily purchasing activities around manufacturing facility supplier spend. The incumbent will coordinate and execute all purchasing responsibilities in order to maintain continuity of product pricing, availability, and service within this area of spend. Responsibilities will include reviewing purchase requisitions, conversion of approved requisitions to purchase documents. Conferring with Roofing external and internal customers; communicating purchasing advice to the manufacturing and nationwide facilities as well as corporate purchasing as warranted. Will work with Roofing HQ and plant Technicians as appropriate to contact vendors, launch and evaluate bids with related suppliers. This position will also lend purchasing and analytic support to the plant and corporate purchasing staff as needed. Will work with Accounts Payable Shared Service departments to ensure all invoicing and purchase orders are correct for processing/payment distribution. This position reports directly to the Director of Purchasing.
NATURE AND SCOPE:
Full compliance to the Saint-Gobain “Code of Ethics” and “Principles of Conduct” requirements.
Comply with Corporate Policies and procedures as well as ISO 9001, ISO 14001, and OSHAS 18001 objectives.
Comply with Saint-Gobain Purchasing Charter and associated Saint-Gobain “Best Practice” purchasing publications.
Positive working attitude toward other employees; be a team player. Working together as a team for continuous improvement is vital to ensure the future of CertainTeed and its employees. Teamwork will be required to be effective in daily assignments as well as special improvement and continuous improvement projects.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Negotiate with current and prospective suppliers focus: local technical and capex procurement.
- Launch and review formal ProSource RFP/RFQ; analyze quotes and bids for manufacturing facility.
- Will use (where applicable) all Corporate Purchasing e-Tools and e-Auctions as required by policy.
- SAP system proficient to support Purchasing functions for manufacturing facilities and others if requested
- Advanced skill set with Microsoft suite: Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Outlook, MS Project
- Responsible for the conversion of all purchase requisitions to purchase orders.
- Coordinates the plant compliance requirements to contractor control via the PICS system.
- Confirm and retain all needed paperwork/electronic files concerning bids or bid waivers.
- Track savings/avoidances from all purchasing projects in the PPM tool provided.
- Must remain sensitive to the company’s confidentiality as it pertains to purchasing and pricing data.
- Site contact/overview on several key plant accounts – i.e. Uniforms, Landscape Maintenance, snow removal, etc…
- Ensure adherence to Waste Management and Recycling responsibilities.
- Participate in incident & Near Miss Investigations to determine root cause and corrective actions.
- Report all EH&S incidents – Injuries/Recordables, Near Misses, First Aid, Environmental and Property/Equipment Damage.
- Attend all Plant Safety meetings including Central EHS – participating members of a plant EH&S Team.
- Will be required to perform other duties as requested, directed or assigned by Director of Purchasing.
May include travel.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration preferred and 5+ years of purchasing experience or a combination of education & comparable experience equivalency. Candidate must have strong organizational, analytical, interpersonal and written/oral communication skills, as well as strong computer skills and have knowledge and understanding of Microsoft Applications such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. SAP proficiency is essential. Professionally and effectively problem solve, and remain calm in high-stress situations. The ability to shift back and forth between the various position functions and multitask throughout the work day.
Ability to work an average of 40 hours per week, speak clearly so others understand, vision acuity to see details within a few feet of an observer, accepting of criticism and dealing calmly and effectively with high-stress situations, sensitivity to other’s needs, positive demeanor, and model change management for the business.
Office space is heated and air conditioned, but manufacturing plant is not temperature controlled. Dust, fumes, high level of fork lift traffic, and high noise areas are present inside plant areas. Manufacturing processes involve crushed rock, granules, sand, fiberglass, asphalt flux and coating, limestone fillers, and pigments. Noise levels exceed 80 dB in some areas of the site. Moving equipment such as forklifts, buggies, genie booms, industrial sweepers travel through the facility, sometimes in congested areas.
An absolute commitment to safety, trust, respect and integrity; respect for the evironment; dedication to quality, service and customer satisfaction; continuous improvement; empowerment with accountability; teamwork and collaboration; progress through people.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/Disabled/Veteran
Back to top