CertainTeed is hiring a Payroll Specialist.
Backed by its experience and its capacity to continuously innovate, Saint-Gobain, the world leader in the habitat and construction market, designs, manufactures and distributes high-performance building materials, providing innovative solutions to the challenges of growth, energy efficiency and environmental protection.
The company has been certified as a Top Employer for its exceptional employee offerings and commitment to employee excellence, development and engagement. Only the world’s leading employers become certified as Top Employers. With the addition of our recent Top Employer North America Certification, Saint-Gobain is now certified as a Top Employer in 21 countries.With 2015 sales of $44 billion, Saint-Gobain operates in 66 countries and has approximately 170,000 employees worldwide, all of whom are part of Saint-Gobain’s culture of nurturing and developing talent throughout all levels of the organization.
In North America, Saint-Gobain had sales of approximately $5.7 billion and employed approximately 14,000 people in 2015. The company has approximately 130 manufacturing plants throughout the United States and Canada. Saint-Gobain North American businesses include: CertainTeed Corporation (Malvern, Pennsylvania), Saint-Gobain Abrasives (Worcester, Massachusetts), Saint-Gobain Crystals (Hiram, Ohio), Saint-Gobain ADFORS (Grand Island, New York) and Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics (Solon, Ohio).
We are currently searching for a PAYROLL SPECIALSIT in our MALVERN PA location.
GENERAL FUNCTION—Responsible for supporting the accurate preparation and distribution of the organization’s hourly and salaried payrolls. Ensures that all legally required federal, and local taxes, Social Security contributions, and other deductions are withheld from individual paychecks. Serves as a liaison with other departments, units, or locations in the resolution of payroll problems. Recommends changes in methods or procedures to improve the efficiency of the payroll function. Analysts may have responsibility in a specialty area, i.e., Reconciliations, Accruals, Finance G/L, Training, International Pay, Documentation, Bonus, Communications, Metrics, Retro Pay, Interfaces, and Check Print.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs the check production and distribution processes for on-cycle payrolls.Ensures that the preparation and distribution of payrolls meet established schedules, company policies, and government regulations.
- Performs the check production and distribution processes for off-cycle payrolls.Ensures that off-cycle checks are produced timely in accordance to company policy and union agreements.
- Provides support to plant HR personnel in the resolution of employee issues.
- Responds to the HR Manager’s inquiries related to payroll. Triages, tracks, and follows through to problem resolution.
- Stays abreast of and apply state/federal regulations to ensure compliance.
- Accomplishes other payroll administrative duties as needed.
Skills and Requirements:
Education: High School, GED
Experience: Some experience in Payroll.Multi-state payroll reporting and additional experience in Accounting or Finance can be a plus.
Working knowledge of automated payroll systems and applicable laws, regulations, and best practices
Interested applicants please apply online @ http://www.saint-gobain-northamerica.com/careers/employment.asp
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/Diversity/Veteran.
Back to top