Manager, Residential Builder & Remodeler Loyalty Programs
Saint-Gobain, the world leader in the habitat and construction markets, designs, manufactures and distributes building materials, providing innovative solutions to meet growing demand in emerging economies, for energy efficiency and for environmental protection. Saint-Gobain is a welcoming, solid, open-minded company that offers long-term career opportunities.
Through the responsible development of innovative and sustainable building products, CertainTeed, headquartered in Malvern, Pennsylvania, has helped shape the building products industry for more than 110 years. Founded in 1904 as General Roofing Manufacturing Company, the firm's slogan "Quality Made Certain, Satisfaction Guaranteed," quickly inspired the name CertainTeed. Today, CertainTeed® is North America’s leading brand of exterior and interior building products, including roofing, siding, fence, decking, railing, trim, insulation, gypsum and ceilings.
A subsidiary of Saint-Gobain, one of the world’s largest and oldest building products companies, CertainTeed and its affiliates have more than 5,700 employees and more than 60 manufacturing facilities throughout the United States and Canada. The group had total sales of approximately $3.3 billion in 2015. www.certainteed.com
The objective of this role is to position CertainTeed as the company of choice for new residential construction and remodeling projects using Building Solutions Loyalty programs. This position is responsible for enhancing the brand within these segments and driving loyalty to CertainTeed products via the Building Solutions program.
This role requires close working relationships with the CertainTeed businesses to understand their go-to-market strategies, synthesize commonalities, and gain acceptance for current and proposed initiatives.
The Building Solutions Manager of the Residential Builder & Remodeler Programs is responsible for the management of the marketing and administrative portion of the programs as well as having shared management by influence responsibility for the Building Solutions teams.
Travel – Approx. 30%
- Manages and Drives Growth of Building Solutions Residential Builder and Remodeler Programs
External facing responsibilities
- Enhance existing CertainTeed Building Solutions programs by developing and executing marketing strategy and tactics that demonstrate continuous program improvement in influencing new residential builders and remodeler contractors to join and participate in the programs.
- Develop fruitful relationships with residential home builders and remodelers through trade shows, conferences and meetings to gain insights on their needs and determine how the Building Solutions program can leverage this information.
- Develop marketing communication vehicles for Builder and Remodeler targets and participants. Develop monthly Builder and Remodeler newsletters including industry news along with information on CertainTeed products and events. Coordinate with loyalty vendor to deploy the newsletter and provide a monthly snapshot of participants’ rewards balance.
Internal facing responsibilities
Develop a strong relationship with Business Unit managers, Regional sales leaders, and Territory Managers within CertainTeed to ensure alignment of Building Solutions strategy and initiatives.
Organize, incentivize, and influence sales representatives in 24 cross-functional teams across 5 BUs.
- Establish category goals that reflect business conditions, contribution to the business and increased customer satisfaction to internal and external clients.
- Coach and encourage individual and Team Leader performance. Create and disseminate quarterly team meeting presentations to Team Leaders (24 teams) that include goal status, relevant market intel, program news and changes, and new product information to prompt cross training and other information deemed valuable to the teams.
- Attend as many Building Solutions Team Meetings as possible/reasonable to strengthen relationships and gain insight on regional factors affecting program growth.Ensure regional conditions are accounted for when establishing goals and growth projections.
- Work in conjunction with the Director of Building Solutions and Manager of Commercial Building Solutions to continually enhance the program, improve processes and increase productivity.
- Manage marketing collateral, including integrated campaigns with print and digital. Use data driven approach to drive audience engagement and grow reach.
- Invigorate communications to program participants and CertainTeed field sales personnel.
- Manage internal sales enablement tools and communications for programs.
- Responsible for the budgeting and performance review process for Builder and Remodeler.
- Ability to interact with various industry groups to stay abreast of building trends and regulations and identify for opportunities that could positively impact CertainTeed business
CertainTeed Internal Relationships
- Build CT-wide partnerships to provide, share, leverage expertise, input, market intelligence, etc.
- Identify and capitalize upon areas of shared expertise and investment to drive economies of scale throughout Corporate Marketing and CertainTeed in genera.
- Work with Director, National Builder Accounts to continually expand/support national builder participation in Building Solutions
- Requires robust program and project management skills. Decisions are made on both strategic and tactical levels and require continuous aligning projects with corporate and division strategy while managing projects and executing details.
- Determine, track and analyze defensible KPI and ROI of programs.
- Serve as a partner to sales and marketing colleagues within a complex matrix organization, while maintaining the integrity of the program.
- Oversees vendor and consultant relationships, including contract management negotiations.
- Identify technology driven business issues as they relate to changing needs of external and internal customers.
- Analyze, define and document business processes and propose improvements.
- Ability to critically evaluate market data and research. Incorporate best practices throughout program.
- Enhance reporting processes that indicate department performance along with action plans for improvement.
- Evaluate performance metrics for the department that are useful and actionable by senior management.
- Bachelor's Degree required (MBA a plus) plus 10 years minimum experience as a leader in business marketing and or sales to Residential Builders and Remodelers. Knowledge and intimacy of the building products industry required. Proven ability to build close and productive relationships with Building and Remodeling Professionals. Proven ability to influence others in a fast pace environment is required. Excellent human relations skills to motivate/influence Builders and Remodelers as well as cross functional sales teams. Excellent presentation skills required. Must be strong communicator, both verbally and in writing.
- Sales Leadership/Regional Sales Managers
- Territory Managers
- Marketing Managers
- Building Science/Technical Experts
- Saint-Gobain Colleagues
- Affinity organizations
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/Disabled/Veteran
Back to top