Maintenance Mechanic I
Saint-Gobain, the world leader in the habitat and construction markets, designs, manufactures and distributes building materials, providing innovative solutions to meet growing demand in emerging economies, for energy efficiency and for environmental protection. Saint-Gobain is a welcoming, solid, open-minded company that offers long-term career opportunities.
Through the responsible development of innovative and sustainable building products, CertainTeed, headquartered in Malvern, Pennsylvania, has helped shape the building products industry for more than 110 years. Founded in 1904 as General Roofing Manufacturing Company, the firm's slogan "Quality Made Certain, Satisfaction Guaranteed," quickly inspired the name CertainTeed. Today, CertainTeed® is North America’s leading brand of exterior and interior building products, including roofing, siding, fence, decking, railing, trim, insulation, gypsum and ceilings.
A subsidiary of Saint-Gobain, one of the world’s largest and oldest building products companies, CertainTeed and its affiliates have more than 5,700 employees and more than 60 manufacturing facilities throughout the United States and Canada. The group had total sales of approximately $3.3 billion in 2015. www.certainteed.com
- Safely troubleshoot and repair production equipment such as but not limited to saws, pullers, routers, pumps, blowers, motors, and loading systems.
- Perform basic electrical functions such as but not limited to building extension cords up to 480v 3 phase; basic wiring of motors (A/C and D/C), pumps, and lighting.
- Perform preventative maintenance, track, record and update tasks in the maintenance management system on a computer database.
- Administrative duties – processing work orders, signing out parts using a scan gun, and ordering parts through purchase order systems.
- Performing STOP safety audits and entering data in Auditmatic (STOP Database).
- Perform other tasks as requested by the supervisor.
- High school diploma required.
- Basic computer knowledge or experience in Word, Excel, and Access preferred.
- 2 year certification or degree in mechanical, electrical, welding, or machining preferred
- Certified as Authorized User in Lockout/Tagout.
- 3 years related experience in mechanical/electrical preferred.
- Ablility to assist to identify problems, determine causes, identify solutions, verify that the solution has eliminated the problem, and follow up.
- Ability to use basic hand tools, and basic machine shop tools.
- Recognize recurring problems and work to eliminate them.
- Use continuous improvement principles to improve our safety, quality, service, and efficiency.
- Must be able to lift between 5-20 pounds individually, higher with partner.
- Must have a safety first mindset.
- Must have ability to learn how to weld, fabricate jigs, and operate standard machine shop equipment (Mill, Lathe, Surface Grinder and etc.).
- Must be able to work overtime with little or no notice.
- Good organizational skills, attention to detail, and housekeeping.
- Must have a positive attitude and a good relationship with all employees.
- Must provide own basic hand tools such as wrenches (metric/std), screw drivers, nut drivers, pliers, side cutters, socket sets (metric/std), pry bar, and air tools (die grinder, drill, etc…).
- Must be willing to obtain, or have already, Electrical Safety training (NFPA-70E) within 3 months of moving into position.
- Must successfully complete LOTO training.
- Must successfully complete CertainTeed forklift and scissor lift training.
- Wear required PPE.
- Follow all Company Policies.
Job functions will require standing, walking, bending, lifting, pushing, pulling, climbing ladders, and clasping in hands during workday.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/Disabled/Veteran
Back to top