IT Sr Director, Data & Analytics
Saint-Gobain, the world leader in the habitat and construction markets, designs, manufactures and distributes building materials, providing innovative solutions to meet growing demand in emerging economies, for energy efficiency and for environmental protection. Saint-Gobain is a welcoming, solid, open-minded company that offers long-term career opportunities.
Through the responsible development of innovative and sustainable building products, CertainTeed, headquartered in Malvern, Pennsylvania, has helped shape the building products industry for more than 110 years. Founded in 1904 as General Roofing Manufacturing Company, the firm's slogan "Quality Made Certain, Satisfaction Guaranteed," quickly inspired the name CertainTeed. Today, CertainTeed® is North America’s leading brand of exterior and interior building products, including roofing, siding, fence, decking, railing, trim, insulation, gypsum and ceilings.
A subsidiary of Saint-Gobain, one of the world’s largest and oldest building products companies, CertainTeed and its affiliates have more than 5,700 employees and more than 60 manufacturing facilities throughout the United States and Canada. The group had total sales of approximately $3.3 billion in 2015. www.certainteed.com
The Data and Analytics - IT Senior Director will play a key role building and deploying the Analytics and Visualization aspects of our Big Data Analytics strategy to transform the CertainTeed Data Analytics capabilities. The Data and Analytics – IT Senior Director will implement data analytics visualization technologies including mobile analytics to enable our business users to quickly identify insights and drive business performance. The Data and Analytics Director will collaborate with IT peers, Business Technology Lead, Competency Line Leaders, Business Process Center and SG Global Technology Services to apply SGITS technologies and development capabilities to deliver solutions that rapidly meet business needs. Key technology capabilities include Big Data, Predictive Analytics, Prescriptive Analytics, Visualization, Mobile Analytics as well as Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence.
The position will be based in Malvern, PA and may require up to 15% domestic travel.
- Lead the design, implementation and deployment of enterprise-wide data & analytics strategy for CertainTeed / Saint Gobain applications: Finance, Procurement, Manufacturing, Operations, Supply Chain, Maintenance & Compliance
- Partner with key IT leaders to develop approach, process and technical solutions for data and analytics and ensure successful delivery of key initiatives
- Manage complex application environment using the following technologies: Teradata, Data Lakes, Microstrategy, Cloudera, Informatica, Cognos, Tableau, Qlik and others as needed
- Architecture & design of data and analytics and solutions in a multi-tiered architecture within a highly decentralized environment
- Analysis and strategy design, working to define and characterize complex technology or process problems and develops solutions that meet customer expectations
- Collaborate with cross functional teams within Saint Gobain / CertainTeed to enable successful deployment of deliverables
- Set the vision, strategy and roadmap across the CertainTeed BI / BW / DW application environment and develop roadmaps for each application
- Create impactful solutions to challenging and complex business problems
- Align stakeholders and development teams around common measurable product roadmaps, and continue to engage the business partners into the product lifecycle process
- Sets a clear vision for the product and is responsible for multi-generation product strategy
- Maximizes ROI by identifying and prioritizing the product features by business value
- Negotiate with the business to see what items are built and which are backlogged based on capacity
- Reports back to the business on status on the delivery of features, functionality, and applications
- Has a combination of global and regional accountability depending on product line scope
- Bachelor’s Degree with minimum of 15 years relevant IT experience required
- 5 years minimum experience leading teams and people management required
- 5 years minimum manufacturing business experience is required.
- Qlik experience is required
- Demonstrated success applying Tableau, Cognos, Qlik or equivalent analytics tool to deliver insights with positive business impact is required.
- Demonstrated working experience with advanced analytics, statistical analysis and predictive modelling is required
- Previous experience with an understanding of businesses and the ability to relate priorities to associated technology investments is required
- Previous experience with supporting various business processes and domain required
- Experience effectively collaborating and managing stakeholders is required
- Knowledge of industry trends is preferred
- Knowledge of technical engineering best practices is preferred
- Ability to pick up technical and business concepts quickly is preferred
- Ability to create context around key business drivers and strategic plan, able to present ideas in business-friendly language is preferred
- Strong domain knowledge of Data & Analytics including Big Data, data warehousing, end-user analytics solutions, data integration, data visualizations and other related topics is preferred
- Business analytics and visualization IT experience is required.
- Proven experience building and maintaining business warehouse and analytics capability is required.
- Proven experience deploying business analytics tools, business intelligence and visualization solutions in direct support of business functions is required.
- Experience with Mobile Analytics is required.
- Agile experience is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work with business partners to translate business needs and deliver analytics solutions is required.
- Demonstrated experience analyzing and translating business requirements is required.
- Ability to communicate complex quantitative analysis in a clear, precise, and actionable manner is required.
- A strong aptitude for empirical research to answer challenging questions with data is required.
- Experience in the Construction Products / Manufacturing / Building Materials industries is preferred.
- Strong business acumen is required.
- Experience working with Application Services and key vendors is preferred.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/Disabled/Veteran
Back to top