Industrial Maintenance Mechanic
Location: United States - Seattle - Washington
Function: Technical Production
Desired Start Date: 23/09/2016
Type: Regular - Full-Time
Posting Date: 24/09/2016
Travel Percentage: Up to 25%
Saint-Gobain, the world leader in the habitat and construction markets, designs, manufactures and distributes building materials, providing innovative solutions to meet growing demand in emerging economies, for energy efficiency and for environmental protection. Saint-Gobain is a welcoming, solid, open-minded company that offers long-term career opportunities.
Through the responsible development of innovative and sustainable building products, CertainTeed, headquartered in Malvern, Pennsylvania, has helped shape the building products industry for more than 110 years. Founded in 1904 as General Roofing Manufacturing Company, the firm's slogan "Quality Made Certain, Satisfaction Guaranteed," quickly inspired the name CertainTeed. Today, CertainTeed® is North America’s leading brand of exterior and interior building products, including roofing, siding, fence, decking, railing, trim, insulation, gypsum and ceilings.
A subsidiary of Saint-Gobain, one of the world’s largest and oldest building products companies, CertainTeed and its affiliates have more than 5,700 employees and more than 60 manufacturing facilities throughout the United States and Canada. The group had total sales of approximately $3.3 billion in 2015. www.certainteed.com
This position is responsible for investigating and problem solving plant reliability issues ensuring all production lines maintain optimal runtime with minimal downtime. The position supports the Plant in the rationalization of planned/unplanned maintenance equipment using Continuous Improvement tools and methods (TPM). The position will also support strategic initiatives including capital and non-capital process equipment projects and provide leadership in the implementation and support of plant process modifications.
This position requires basic welding, shop skills, and machinist skills as well as industrial experience or vocational training in mechanical maintenance. Experience in HVAC, hydraulics, electrical maintenance, is desired. Must be able to work well with others in a union environment.
This is a represented position and reports to the Electrical Supervisor.
- Maintains, repairs, and modifies industrial machinery
- Repairs hydraulic/pneumatic systems (air lines, solenoids)
- Inspects, maintains, and repairs saws, dryers, mixers, plant systems, mills, and conveyors
- Replaces and repairs electrical components 110, 240, 460 volts AC 3 phase and low voltage motor controls
- Change grinding or cutting blades and/or bits
- Fabricates and welds parts for repair, retrofits, and modifications
- Reviews all required blueprints, drawings, and work orders in order to install, troubleshoot, and repair
- Checks, collects, and organizes all parts and tools prior to starting job
- Maintain a safe work environment and the safety management of assigned employees. Must recognize unsafe conditions and practices and make corrections to prevent injuries and property loss. Required to complete safety audits/inspections of the assigned work area; thorough investigations of incidents and accidents, job safety analysis and have periodic safety meetings
- Support 5S and World Class Manufacturing initiatives
- Work within the Safe Work Process and Permitting procedures in CertainTeed Gypsum Inc.
- Other duties as assigned
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Experience working with electrical motors, start/stop circuits, water and vacuum pumps, and chain/belt drive system
- Ability to work independently and deliver results
- Demonstrated experience with electronic control systems, measurement instrumentation, and O&M manuals a plus
- Must be able to read, interpret, draw materials, and build projects from blue prints with limited supervision producing first time quality results
- Must be able to figure, layout, cut, and fit complex parts and shapes using blue prints, existing structures, and template materials
- Experience with computerized maintenance management systems (CMM)
- Ability to do other general building support including minor electrical, plastic and metal pipe fabrication
- Ability to perform tasks on plant equipment and systems with minimal supervision and a high level of reliability
- Basic knowledge of the safe and proper use of shop tools, metal stud framing, drywall, painting, floor repair, and concrete repair
- Strong communication skills with the ability to work as a team
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 5-7 years’ experience with industrial mechanic background or 2 or more years school/technical training and experience in manufacturing industry
PREFERRED OR DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Previous experience with maintenance of gypsum production equipment
- Number Supervised: Direct: 0 Indirect: 0
- Work is performed in a manufacturing plant environment with limited HVAC, concrete floors, and exposure to industrial noise, dust, chemicals and temperature changes
- Normal plant operation is 24 hours, 7 days a week and work hours may vary depending on business needs.
- May require long hours, and weekend and holiday work
- May require travel by air and rental cars
- May also require shift work
- Physical demands include, but not limited to: walking and climbing, entering confined spaces, and heights; able to lift 50 pounds; able to operate powered machinery and tools
- Must be capable of wearing personal protective equipment necessary to comply with government and company safety standards whenever engineered methods of reducing hazards or physical requirements cannot be reasonably accommodated.
- Job includes tasks that require walking, bending, twisting, gripping, stair and ladder climbing, entering confined spaces, navigating rough terrain and occasional lifting of up to 50 lbs.
- May require long periods of sitting, walking, standing, and working on a computer or engaging in telephone conversation.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/Disabled/Veteran
Back to top