Human Resources Manager
Saint-Gobain, the world leader in the habitat and construction markets, designs, manufactures and distributes building materials, providing innovative solutions to meet growing demand in emerging economies, for energy efficiency and for environmental protection. Saint-Gobain is a welcoming, solid, open-minded company that offers long-term career opportunities.
Through the responsible development of innovative and sustainable building products, CertainTeed, headquartered in Malvern, Pennsylvania, has helped shape the building products industry for more than 110 years. Founded in 1904 as General Roofing Manufacturing Company, the firm's slogan "Quality Made Certain, Satisfaction Guaranteed," quickly inspired the name CertainTeed. Today, CertainTeed® is North America’s leading brand of exterior and interior building products, including roofing, siding, fence, decking, railing, trim, insulation, gypsum and ceilings.
A subsidiary of Saint-Gobain, one of the world’s largest and oldest building products companies, CertainTeed and its affiliates have more than 5,700 employees and more than 60 manufacturing facilities throughout the United States and Canada. The group had total sales of approximately $3.3 billion in 2015. www.certainteed.com
Officed in Kansas City, manages the Human Resource function for two manufacturing sites of two separate Business Units (one site Kansas, one Texas). Responsible for identification of all HR needs, including the development, implementation and maintenance of programs to meet identified needs. Collaborate with staff specialists outside home location for the development/implementation of highly technical programs, and administers existing corporate/divisional programs.
Requires a high level of problem solving encountered in the development of strategy and programs to meet HR needs for a multi-location, geographically-dispersed unit, and the coordination of programs and strategy between the units and with Corporate/Group/Division goals.
- Responsible for ongoing organizational analysis and development programs and practices
- Provide career development counseling for all employees (train, coach, and develop)
- Manage labor relations at all sites
- Ensure compliance with Federal and State rules and regulations, labor laws, and Company policies
- Provide guidance in maintaining a respectful workplace and positive employee relations
- Advise managers regarding the appropriate disciplinary decisions and proper documentation
- Oversee compensation processes for the sites
- Plan, forecast, track, and manage the HR department budget
- Manage benefits programs including medical and legal aspects
- Manage HR staff
- Manage the flow of communication systems
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree is required, Master’s degree and/or HR certification a plus
- Must have 5-7 years’ experience as a HR generalist in recruitment, compensation and benefits administration, training, employee involvement, teambuilding and employee development.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment strongly preferred.
- In-depth knowledge of labor laws and regulations.
- Ability to perform as a self-directed employee – knowing when to involve others.
- bility to guide management staff through people related decisions
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, excellent presentation skills, and analytical skills.
- Ability to relate to and motivate employees from all levels of the organization.
- Adept at functioning in a highly matrixed organization
Back to top