Electrical Maintenance Supervisor
Saint-Gobain, the world leader in the habitat and construction markets, designs, manufactures and distributes building materials, providing innovative solutions to meet growing demand in emerging economies, for energy efficiency and for environmental protection. Saint-Gobain is a welcoming, solid, open-minded company that offers long-term career opportunities.
Through the responsible development of innovative and sustainable building products, CertainTeed, headquartered in Malvern, Pennsylvania, has helped shape the building products industry for more than 110 years. Founded in 1904 as General Roofing Manufacturing Company, the firm's slogan "Quality Made Certain, Satisfaction Guaranteed," quickly inspired the name CertainTeed. Today, CertainTeed® is North America’s leading brand of exterior and interior building products, including roofing, siding, fence, decking, railing, trim, insulation, gypsum and ceilings.
A subsidiary of Saint-Gobain, one of the world’s largest and oldest building products companies, CertainTeed and its affiliates have more than 5,700 employees and more than 60 manufacturing facilities throughout the United States and Canada. The group had total sales of approximately $3.3 billion in 2015. www.certainteed.com
Supervises the daily activities of skilled maintenance personnel and assists with maintenance project work as assigned. Provides leadership in safety, quality, housekeeping and cost reduction. Supervisor is held accountable to ensure maintenance activities are carried out in compliance with all environmental, health, and safety requirements, policies, and procedures. Position reports directly to the Maintenance Manager.
Nature & Scope of Position:
- Organize and structure planned and unplanned repairs and preventive maintenance routines in a manner that will ensure efficient operation of equipment and plant operating systems.
- Provides input into planning and scheduling of projects.
- Responsible for planning, evaluating, organizing, and implementing assigned installation, maintenance and repair activities and coordinating with other departments to assure minimum downtime for production and maximum safety of employees.
- Performs root cause analysis as well as implements sustainable countermeasures on losses related to maintenance.
- Ensures Preventive Maintenance (PM) is accomplished in a timely manner and are to a high standard of quality.
- Support Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) teams in the development of equipment ledgers and problem solving.
- Develops and maintains standard operating and maintenance procedures, and work instructions.
- Communicate expectations, measure and assess employee performance, provide coaching and development opportunities of maintenance crews.
Knowledge & Competencies (Skills & Abilities):
- Bachelor’s Degree in electrical engineering or similar discipline; Preferred is a technical diploma or degree in the fields of engineering or manufacturing, including; mechanical, electrical, industrial that provides a thorough knowledge of the skills utilized in manufacturing improvement activities. Requires change management, methodical/analytical problem solving and employee leadership skills with the ability to effectively apply those skills in a manufacturing facility in a leadership capacity. Demonstrates problem solving and analytical skills.
- Supervisory experience and 5-7 prior years of related work experience in a lean manufacturing environment preferred. 5+ years of experience building and leading teams with a track record of success, along with the ability to develop and implement action plans. Working knowledge of electrical systems a plus. Ability to lead small to medium sized cross functional teams under high pressure environments. Demonstrated high performance history, proven ability to execute and get results. Knowledge of ISO 9001, 14001 and OHSAS 18001, is a plus, including continual improvement tools such as Lean Manufacturing, TPM, and Six Sigma.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with all levels of the organization. High level of knowledge and understanding of computer systems and programs, especially proficient in Microsoft Office applications, e-mail and Internet access navigation.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/Disabled/Veteran
Meet Some of CertainTeed's Employees
Marketing Operations Manager, Ceilings
Andrea is responsible for CertainTeed’s digital marketing for the Ceilings business. She tracks user behavior online in order to identify new capabilities and campaigns that will reach and engage customers digitally.
Back to top