Customer Service Representative
Backed by its experience and its capacity to continuously innovate, Saint-Gobain, the world leader in the habitat and construction market, designs, manufactures and distributes high-performance and building materials providing innovative solutions to the challenges of growth, energy efficiency and environmental protection. With 2015 sales of $43.9 billion, Saint-Gobain operates in 66 countries and has approximately 170,000 employees worldwide.
The company has been certified as a Top Employer for its exceptional employee offerings and commitment to employee excellence, development and engagement. Only the world’s leading employers become certified as Top Employers. With the addition of our recent Top Employer North America Certification, Saint-Gobain is now certified as a Top Employer in 21 countries. With 2015 sales of $43.9 billion, Saint-Gobain operates in 66 countries and has approximately 170,000 employees worldwide, all of whom are part of Saint-Gobain’s culture of nurturing and developing talent throughout all levels of the organization.
In North America, Saint-Gobain had sales of approximately $5.7 billion and employed approximately 14,000 people in 2015. The company has approximately 130 manufacturing plants throughout the United States and Canada. Saint-Gobain North American businesses include: CertainTeed Corporation (Malvern, Pennsylvania), Saint-Gobain Abrasives (Worcester, Massachusetts), Saint-Gobain Crystals (Hiram, Ohio), Saint-Gobain ADFORS (Grand Island, New York) and Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics (Solon, Ohio).
Through the responsible development of innovative and sustainable building products, CertainTeed, headquartered in Malvern, Pennsylvania, has helped shape the building products industry for more than 110 years. Founded in 1904 as General Roofing Manufacturing Company, the firm's slogan "Quality Made Certain, Satisfaction Guaranteed," quickly inspired the name CertainTeed. Today, CertainTeed® is North America’s leading brand of exterior and interior building products, including roofing, siding, fence, decking, railing, trim, insulation, gypsum and ceilings.
A subsidiary of Saint-Gobain, one of the world’s largest and oldest building products companies, CertainTeed and its affiliates have more than 5,700 employees and more than 60 manufacturing facilities throughout the United States and Canada. The group had total sales of approximately $3.3 billion in 2015. www.certainteed.com
The Customer Service Representative has little to no prior Customer Service experience. This level is considered a transitional position allowing the individual to develop the skills and knowledge necessary to perform the job requirements. This position is entry level with the expectation for growth within the organization.
- Perform data input in an accurate and timely fashion on all contacts with both external and internal customers. Review all open documentation to minimize errors. Process requests in an efficient and expedient manner.
- Develop knowledge of company service, products, and procedures.
- Protect the integrity of the company by presenting a positive and professional attitude
- Assist co-workers as needed to meet goals and ensure smooth operation of the department
- Develop ability to handle multiple assignments and responsibilities simultaneously. Possess the ability to listen while accessing screens and information, and speaking to customer while processing data.
- Exhibit professional telephone manner, competence, resourcefulness, good communication and computer literacy.
- Continually advise Customer Service Management of significant issues or problems encountered.
- Utilize problem-solving and decision making skills with assistance to accurately identify customer’s needs and implement correct procedures to solve the problem in a timely manner.
- Interface with interdepartmental and cross functional personnel in solving day-to-day problems and to collect information which aids in decision making.
- Customer advocate
The Order Management Associate will be required to follow standards and procedures set by the group but must be able to solve problems beyond text book examples. This individual must utilize resources and draw upon past experience to solve issues while providing superior service to our customers.
- Ability to be a Team player and motivate others.
- Effective listening, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Ability to maintain enthusiasm and a positive attitude under stressful situations.
- Ability to work flexible hours as needs of the department change.
- Must be customer-focused and service oriented.
- Ability to analyze problems and offer solutions.
- Must be flexible and able to adapt to change.
- Ability to be consistently professional, tactful, courteous, and helpful.
- Mature judgment and decision making capabilities.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment while handling multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Strong PC skills.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- A combination of formal education such as Bachelor’s Degree, Associates Degree with certifications and/or at least
- 2-4 years of progressive customer service experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Excels at interpersonal and relationship management skills
- Prior experience with the ability to successfully resolve conflict
- Strong ability to multi-task
- Hands on experience with order entry and inventory systems are a plus.
- Developed systems aptitude and Microsoft Office skills
Must provide 24 hour pager coverage based on a rotating schedule within the department (approximately one week every quarter). Due to staffing needs of call center, vacation days must be regulated (no more than 2-3 people per day depending on the time of year. Management reserves the right to approve/disallow vacation as needed). Able to work overtime when needed during peak times, office closures and occasional holidays.
Hours: 8-4:30 for training then 10AM-6:30PM 3 days a week, 2 days a week will be 11:30AM – 8PM and every other Friday.
PREFERRED OR DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Demonstrates relentless customer service
- Flexibility in working hours 7:30am – 8pm with some overtime
- Willingness and ability to work from home during inclement weather or emergency situations – requires home land phone line & internet
- Limited travel required - including but not limited to, periodic customer and plant visits
- Strong organizational skills
- Concise communication skills
- Team player
- Influencing Skills
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/Disabled/Veteran
Back to top