Senior Telephony VoIP Technology Architect
- Kansas City, MO
Cerner is seeking an experienced Senior Telephony VoIP Technology Architect to join its CareAware Team!
The Telephony VoIP Technology Architect on the CareAware Team develops technical architectures, frameworks and strategies, either for an organization or for a major application area, to meet the business and application requirements.S/he is responsible for identifying new enabling technologies and platforms to help solve technical challenges. The Telephony VoIP Technology Architect analyzes technical issues related to the implementation of new technologies or even the customization of existing technologies for a customer. Performs research to identify when to appropriately partner with 3rd party software and/or device manufacturers and works closely with those 3rd parties to architect solutions that provides seamless integration with new or existing Cerner software products.In addition, this personserves as a subject matter expert for one or more Cerner products.
As a VoIP/Telephony Technology Architect, you will have the opportunity to work on Cerner's innovative Clinical Communications products, consisting of enterprise voice, video, and secure messaging capabilities. You will collaborate with product management, engineering, and operations teams to develop solutions to meet the requirements of Cerner's customers and internal stakeholders. You will participate in architecting and developing Cerner's next generation device connectivity and communications platform on a hybrid cloud architecture, supporting latest DevOps tools and technologies.
More information on Cerner's Clinical Communications Products can be found on our YouTube page or by viewing our Care Aware Connect product information on our website.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems, Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent relevant work experience
- At least6 years of system engineering or technical consulting work experience
- At least 4 years of experience with the SIP protocol
- At least 4 years experience managing or integrating with enterprise unified communications and/or telephony infrastructure (i.e. Cisco Unified Communications Manager, Microsoft Skype for Business, Vidyo, Avaya)
- At least 2 years of experience with the installation and administration of FreeSWITCH
- Proficient with the Linux operating system, including Red Hat or Oracle Enterprise Linux
- At least 5 years of work experience with systems management, implementation and operations for client/server applications
- At least 5 years of work experience managing large, complex full cycle technology implementations
- At least 5 years of work experience with TCP/IP networking and troubleshooting
- At least 3 years of work experience with Kamailio or OpenSIPS or SER
- At least 1 year of work experience with WebRTC
- At least 1 year of work experience with developing automation utilizing CHEF
- At least 2 years of experience in C development
- At least 2 years of FreeSWITCH development experience
- Willing to travel 20-40% as needed
- Willing to work overtime or irregular hours as needed and allowed by local regulations
- Work in accordance with corporate and organizational security policies and procedures, understand personal role in safeguarding corporate and client assets, and take appropriate action to prevent and report any compromises of security within scope of position
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned
Applicants for U.S. based positions with Cerner Corporation must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Some Cerner positions may be obligated to comply with client-facing requirements and occupational health requests,including but not limited to, an immunization set, an annual flu shot, an annual TB screen, an updated background check, and/or an updated drug screen.
Cerner is a place where people are encouraged to innovate with confidence and focus on what is important - people's health and the care they receive. We are transforming health care by developing tools and technologies that make it more efficient for care providers and patients to navigate the complexity of our health. From single offices to entire countries, Cerner solutions are licensed at more than 25,000 facilities in over 35 countries.
Cerner's policy is to provide equal opportunity to all people without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other legally protected category. Cerner is proud to be a drug-free workplace.
Back to top