Senior Solution Designer | Interoperability 100% Remote
- Braşov, Romania
We're changing how people think about health and care. We have a passion for new ideas that are changing the world by the minute. Cerner has been improving health care IT for more than 30 years. We strive to deliver value in all we do, and support organizations to deliver the quadruple aim of healthcare. Our technology supports health care systems, hospitals, GPs and community services to be the best they can be and to deliver connected, safe care. We're leading the industry on enabling the shift from reactive care, to proactive population health management through big data intelligence.
Our electronic health record solution i.s.h.med is available in more than 35 countries. Doctors, nurses and therapists working in more than 700 hospitals speaking more than ten languages use it every day to provide care to thousands of patients.
On the edge of a connected world, we see interoperability in our DNA to allow a free flow of information through the continuum of care. Not only to connect other facilities but also empower the patient to be a crucial contributor to the process of diagnosis and treatment.
We are looking for a Senior Solution Designer to join our team in Brasov to be part of our international software development team. Our team is using the latest technology, such as HL7 FHIR, to develop new healthcare interoperability capabilities for the EHR solution in collaboration with our partner SAP.
As a Senior Solution Designer for i.s.h.med, you will analyze internal and external sources to define features, use cases, activity diagrams or other artefacts. For the agile development, you will articulate the business needs in user stories and acceptance criteria for complex interoperability solutions.
You will support the development of a solution vision through client interaction, market research, and review of regulatory and specification guidelines. Such activities include analysis of competitive offerings in our markets and anticipation of client and market needs.
Through the project life cycle, you will gather needs, give feedback, and promote our solution to stakeholders. Those are coming from other business lines and departments as well as from the community, standard development organizations, partners and clients.
You make sure that the team accomplishes its goals. Along the project lifecycle you make sure that goal is possible with value and investment balanced. Starting from project definition, initialization and execution until delivery you are responsible for the success of the team across all roles involved. You interact with software engineers, test engineers and technical writers to accomplish that. For a common process and seamless integration, you collaborate across solution groups on similar functionality.
As a Senior member of the team, you will share knowledge with the team through mentorship, coaching and technical talks.
If you're out to change the world in ways that matter, we want to hear from you. As a Cerner Associate, you will be joining an inclusive, social and innovative workplace that has a strong emphasis on developing talent and promotion from within. We reward your hard work with a competitive salary and a host of additional benefits.
- Bachelor's degree in Healthcare Economics, Medical Informatics, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Information Systems, Information Systems, Information Technology or related field, or equivalent, relevant work experience;
- At least 5 years of solution-related work experience in health care IT ;
- Deep understanding of at least one interoperability standard like HL7 Version 2, FHIR, CDA;
- Understanding of at least two standard healthcare terminologies like SNOMED CT, LOINC, ICD, ICPM, ATC;
- Fluency in English.
- At least2 years of agile development process work experience;
- At least 2 years of experience in solution design or product ownership);
- Basic understanding of the most critical aspects of a clinical information system for end end-users ;
- Experience with SAP for Healthcare;
- Fluent in German.
- Willing to travel up to 20% as needed;
- Willing to work additional or irregular hours as needed and allowed by local regulations;
- Work following corporate and organizational security policies and procedures, understand personal role in safeguarding corporate and client assets, and take appropriate action to prevent and report any compromises of security within scope of the position;
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned.
- International work environment (offices in +25 countries);
- Annual salary evaluation and compensation based on performance;
- Private health insurance and retirement plan;
- Opportunity to travel abroad accompanied by travel, medical and life insurance;
- Reimbursement for sport activities and for glasses.
All employees must be legally authorized to work in the country where the position is located. Work visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Cerner is a place where people are encouraged to innovate with confidence and focus on what is important - people's health and the care they receive. We are transforming health care by developing tools and technologies that make it more efficient for care providers and patients to navigate the complexity of our health. From single offices to entire countries, Cerner solutions are licensed at more than 25,000 facilities in over 35 countries.
Cerner's policy is to provide equal opportunity to all people without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other legally protected category. Cerner is proud to be a drug-free workplace.
Back to top