Senior DevOps Architect
- Kansas City, KS
We have an opening for a Senior System Architect on our DevOps cloud team. Our Emerging Technology Services leverages the most progressive cloud technology. We frequently utilize bleeding-edge technologies to accomplish these goals. Our work is dynamic, fast-paced, and offers exciting opportunities for career growth. We serve in the operations role of the DevOps equation and work closely with Cerner's development organization to ensure that all aspects of our platforms are functioning optimally and contributing towards our objectives of providing the highest level of system stability and uptime.
A Senior System Architect is responsible for design, consulting, managing projects and troubleshooting. The System Architect will also provide mentorship, guidance and leadership to team members.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems OR equivalent degree OR equivalent experience
- At least7years of System Administration or engineering work experience
- At least5years of Microsoft Operating Systems work experience
- At least5years of Oracle Enterprise Linux work experience
- At least5years of VMWare work experience
- Familiarity with Agile/Scrum environments
- Cloud architecture experience
- Automation engineering/coding experience
- Strong understanding of networking and data-center technologies
- Willing to travel up to 20% as needed
- Must be in or willing to relocate to Kansas City, MO metro area
Applicants for U.S. based positions with Cerner Corporation must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Some Cerner positions may be obligated to comply with client-facing requirements and occupational health requests,including but not limited to, an immunization set, an annual flu shot, an annual TB screen, an updated background check, and/or an updated drug screen.
Cerner is a place where people are encouraged to innovate with confidence and focus on what is important - people's health and the care they receive. We are transforming health care by developing tools and technologies that make it more efficient for care providers and patients to navigate the complexity of our health. From single offices to entire countries, Cerner solutions are licensed at more than 25,000 facilities in over 35 countries.
Cerner's policy is to provide equal opportunity to all people without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other legally protected category. Cerner is proud to be a drug-free workplace.
Back to top