- Columbia, MO
As a Lead Biomedical Equipment Technician, you will provide technical support to medical equipment users and manage medical equipment maintenance, calibration and service. You will leverage your strong problem solving skills totroubleshoot technical support for medical equipment users to determine cause of problem and record results. You will establish standards to determine changes in test methods or equipment as needed for medical equipment testing. As a lead, you will manage maintenance and calibration of complex medical equipment systems to industry standards including preventive maintenance on all assigned medical equipment; manage and perform safety inspections and initiate any necessary service; and manage medical equipment and system installations, including planning, scheduling and oversight. Additional responsibilities include: accountable for asset management, including maintenance scheduling, and parts tracking; assist in the investigation and reporting of incidents involving medical devices; and perform cross-functional project management duties working directly with department managers, vendors and outside contractors.
- Associate's degree in Computer Information Systems, Biomedical Equipment Technology, Electronics, or Computer Science or relevant, equivalent work experience
- At least 7 years of clinical engineering work experience
- Current certification or the ability to ascertain within first year of employment. Certified Biomedical Equipment Technician (BMET) - AAMI Credentials Institute (ACI)
- At least 2 years of onsite clinical equipment maintenance work experience
- Working knowledge or training on Siemens Imaging modalities
- Military biomedical equipment training
- Certified Biomedical Equipment Technician (CBET) - AAMI Credentials Institute (ACI)
- Certified Radiology Equipment Specialist (CRES) - AAMI Credentials Institute (ACI)
- Reside in or around the Columbia, MO area
Applicants for U.S. based positions with Cerner Corporation must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Some Cerner positions may be obligated to comply with client-facing requirements and occupational health requests,including but not limited to, an immunization set, an annual flu shot, an annual TB screen, an updated background check, and/or an updated drug screen.
Cerner is a place where people are encouraged to innovate with confidence and focus on what is important - people's health and the care they receive. We are transforming health care by developing tools and technologies that make it more efficient for care providers and patients to navigate the complexity of our health. From single offices to entire countries, Cerner solutions are licensed at more than 25,000 facilities in over 35 countries.
Cerner's policy is to provide equal opportunity to all people without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other legally protected category. Cerner is proud to be a drug-free workplace.
Back to top