Lead Federal Project Manager
- Chantilly, VA
The Lead Federal Project Manager in Cerner Government Services will manage the direction and execution of federal client projects to deliver against project scope and objectives. You will be responsible for leading and motivating the project team throughout the project, including working closely with project stakeholders, and managing project changes and challenges.Clear communication skills and an ability to work with all levels of personnel and management are essential.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent relevant work experience
- At least 8 years of Project/program management work experience
- Receipt of the appropriate government security clearance card applicable for your position
- Due to the client contract you will be assigned, this position requires you to be a U.S. citizen
- At least 6 years of Federal government project/program management work experience
- Technical work experience preferred
- Agile project management work experience
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification and/or equivalent Agile certification beneficial
- Able to define and implement project metrics for scope, schedule, cost, and quality
- Able to use project management tools such as JIRA, MS Project, SharePoint and capacity models
- Must be residing in or willing to relocate to the Northern Virginia area
- Must be willing to travel up to 10%
Applicants for U.S.-based positions with Cerner must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire.
Due to specific client contract requirements, this position requires that the successful candidate be a U.S. citizen. The client contract also requires receipt of the appropriate government security clearance card applicable for the position.
Some Cerner positions may be obligated to comply with client-facing requirements and occupational health requests,including but not limited to, an immunization set, an annual flu shot, an annual TB screen, an updated background check, and/or an updated drug screen.
Cerner is a place where people are encouraged to innovate with confidence and focus on what is important - people's health and the care they receive. We are transforming health care by developing tools and technologies that make it more efficient for care providers and patients to navigate the complexity of our health. From single offices to entire countries, Cerner solutions are licensed at more than 25,000 facilities in over 35 countries.
Cerner's policy is to provide equal opportunity to all people without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other legally protected category. Cerner is proud to be a drug-free workplace.
Back to top