Lead Federal Information Systems Security Engineer
- Chantilly, VA
AbleVets, a Cerner company, provides healthcare information technology services and resources to help the VA and DoD improve the lives of the people they serve. As a Lead Federal Information System Security Engineer, you will be responsible for the analysis and development of the integration, testing, operations and maintenance of federal systems security. You will collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to analyze, define and validate functional and legal/regulatory system security controls and requirements. You will also conduct security impact analysis and system risk assessments to identify potential security threats and recommend enhancements to improve deficiencies.
If this sounds like a challenging role for you, we look forward to speaking to you!
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Software Engineering, Mathematics or related field or equivalent relevant work experience.
- At least 8 years of Information Technology security work experience
- Receipt of the appropriate government security clearance card applicable for your position
- Due to the client contract you will be assigned, this position requires you to be a U.S. citizen
- At least 6 years of Federal Information Technology security work experience
- Certified Information System Security Professional (CISSP) certification is preferred
- Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) certification is preferred
- Certified Information Security Manager (CISM) certification is preferred
- Willing to travel up to 20% as needed
- Must be residing in or willing to relocate to Arlington, VA
Applicants for U.S.-based positions with Cerner must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire.
Due to specific client contract requirements, this position requires that the successful candidate be a U.S. citizen. The client contract also requires receipt of the appropriate government security clearance card applicable for the position.
Some Cerner positions may be obligated to comply with client-facing requirements and occupational health requests,including but not limited to, an immunization set, an annual flu shot, an annual TB screen, an updated background check, and/or an updated drug screen.
Cerner is a place where people are encouraged to innovate with confidence and focus on what is important - people's health and the care they receive. We are transforming health care by developing tools and technologies that make it more efficient for care providers and patients to navigate the complexity of our health. From single offices to entire countries, Cerner solutions are licensed at more than 25,000 facilities in over 35 countries.
Cerner's policy is to provide equal opportunity to all people without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other legally protected category. Cerner is proud to be a drug-free workplace.
Back to top