Data Migration Architect
- Kansas City, MO
As a Data Migration Architect, you will play a pivotal data engineer role in the migration of our clients' data. You will be working closely with our clients to ensure on-time delivery but also be responsible for the technical ETL plan and design around the migration. As the lead technical resource you will be responsible for the development of import and export script, test script strategies and providing troubleshooting and issue resolution for data migration uploads and extract. You will must be able to clearly communicate issues and be tenacious in finding resolutions. You will be contributing to the migration community documentation and mentoring data migration engineers. Seen as a leader within the team, you will identify and facilitate learning activities for data migration engineers; manage changes to project activities and communicate with impacted associates or clients.
- Bachelor's degree in CIS, MIS, Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent relevant work experience
- At least 5 years of data migration work experience
- Receipt of the appropriate government security clearance card applicable for your position
- Due to the client contract you will be assigned, this position requires you to be a U.S. citizen
- At least 5 years of SQL work experience
- At least 5 years of Scripting work experience
- Successful completion of the Migration Simulation Lab
- At least 3 years of Millennium work experience
- At least 3 years of EMR data migration import work experience
- Willing to travel up to 10% as needed
- Currently reside in or be willing to relocate to the Kansas City metropolitan area, or reside near a major international airport
Applicants for U.S. based positions with Cerner Corporation must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Some Cerner positions may be obligated to comply with client-facing requirements and occupational health requests,including but not limited to, an immunization set, an annual flu shot, an annual TB screen, an updated background check, and/or an updated drug screen.
Cerner is a place where people are encouraged to innovate with confidence and focus on what is important - people's health and the care they receive. We are transforming health care by developing tools and technologies that make it more efficient for care providers and patients to navigate the complexity of our health. From single offices to entire countries, Cerner solutions are licensed at more than 25,000 facilities in over 35 countries.
Cerner's policy is to provide equal opportunity to all people without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other legally protected category. Cerner is proud to be a drug-free workplace.
Back to top