Test Automation Engineer
Test Automation Engineer
Location: Ongoing opportunities nationwide including Boston, Charlotte, Chicago, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Columbus, Indianapolis, Louisville, Miami, Seattle, St. Louis, Tampa
Do you have a passion for quality assurance?
Centric Consulting is hiring Test Automation Engineers for our rapidly growing Software Quality Assurance and Testing practice.
In this role you will work with our clients to understand their business problems and drive the technical direction of solutions. This includes creating and maintaining automated ATDD test scenarios following object oriented test design principles.
What You'll Bring
Creating unmatched experiences, for both clients and employees, is what we do. You should revel in doing the unexpected and extraordinary for others.
Consulting experience is strongly preferred. That said, you will also be considered if you have a strong industry background.
We want someone who likes to solve problems. Clients don't come to us when the problem is easy. You should enjoy taking on the hard stuff.
And because we work with clients, excellent communication skills are important – both written and verbal. Translating technical concepts into layman's terms is an essential skill.
Related, you should be someone with the spirit of an educator and thus gets excited about mentoring and knowledge sharing.
Last, but not least, you should have a strong understanding of functional and requirements testing and QA methodologies. We are looking for someone who has at least one year of experience using ATDD technology stack in an acceptance test driven development environment (Ruby/Cucumber/[Watir-Webdriver or Capybara], Java/[Cucumber or JBehave]/Selenium, .NET/SpecFlow/[CodedUI or Selenium]). Agile experience is preferred.
- Supportive environment – We expect a lot from our Test Automation Engineers. But you won't be asked to do it alone. You will have the full support of the Software QA and Testing team and everyone at Centric. We love to help people succeed.
- Special culture – Hands down, the people are the best part of Centric. But you shouldn't take our word on it – check us out on Glassdoor, Facebook or Twitter to get a glimpse inside what makes us different.
- Network of technology champions – There's no fun in being the only geek in the room. Centric celebrates all things tech. For example, we hold a yearly gathering called Camp I/O. In the vein of TEDx talks, Camp I/O is an opportunity for technology-minded people across Centric to get together and show off what they can do when not constrained by client requirements and platforms. Check out some of the innovative presentations from last year.
- All-company (paid!) vacation trip – Who doesn't want to go someplace warm in the winter?
- Prefer to contract?
- Contractor friendly environment – Contractors are an important part of our Centric family and we treat them as such. You will find that our policies and practices make it easy for you to contract with us.
- Benefits eligibility – As a W2T temporary employee, you are eligible for Centric's W2T benefits package which includes medical and dental coverage. We are also open to Corp to Corp arrangements (no benefits in that case, however).
- Full-time potential – Many of our full-time employees originally started as contractors. If that's something you are interested in, we can explore those options. That said, if you want to remain a contractor that's fine too. We are flexible!
Centric believes the best solutions come from diverse teams. We strive to have an environment where everyone has an opportunity to be successful regardless of their race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation or gender identity.
Meet Some of Centric Consulting's Employees
Larry is responsible for crafting Centric’s business strategy and making sure it aligns with the mission and values. He ensures the decisions across the company align with the company’s culture.
Back to top