Sr. Mobility Developer/Architect
Sr. Mobility Developer/Architect
Location: St. Louis, Missouri
Are you a Sr. Mobility Developer/Architect with a passion for helping companies transform and change work through mobile computing, re-imagine user experiences with technology and extend back-end systems and cloud services to today's most relevant mobile platforms?
Do you have a good sense of how people want to use mobile technology and what will or will not work?
Centric Consulting is hiring a Sr. Mobility Developer/Architect for our St. Louis Business Unit that is aligned with our National Mobility Solutions Practice. This is a software design and development position with responsibility for designing and delivering mobile applications and services to meet client requirements. This person will be responsible for applying functional knowledge and mobile technology expertise in the implementation and enhancement of native, web, and hybrid mobile applications on Apple iOS, Google Android, HTML5, and other mobile platforms; facilitating iterative UX design and development workshops that typify mobile software development projects as well as understanding challenges posed by the proliferation of mobile devices as well as company's vested interest to protect sensitive information.
What You'll Bring
Creating unmatched experiences, for both clients and employees, is what we do. You should revel in doing the unexpected and extraordinary for others.
Consulting experience is strongly preferred. That said, you will also be considered if you have a strong industry background.
We want someone who likes to solve problems. Clients don't come to us when the problem is easy. You should enjoy taking on the hard stuff.
And because we work with clients, excellent communication skills are important – both written and verbal. Translating technical concepts into layman's terms is an essential skill.
Initiative is important. We don't hand hold – you should be comfortable working independently in an entrepreneurial environment. That said, collaboration is equally important. Our St. Louis team and other technologists at Centric will give you an amazing support system. You will lean on them daily.
Last, but not least, you will need to be a solid Mobile Developer / Architect. We are looking for people with a proven track record of delivering successful mobile projects in a consulting environment. Other requirements include:
- Having at least three years experience writing software for multiple platforms (Apple, Android, Windows Phone, HTML5)
- Apple and Android app provisioning experience, preferably with App Store
- Familiarity with automated testing frameworks such as calabash, cucumber, jenkins, or gherkin.
- Strong sense of usability and passion for user interface.
- Experience writing server-side code in a modern language such as Ruby, Java, or .Net
- Supportive environment – We expect a lot from our developers and architects. But you won't be asked to do it alone. You will have the full support of the St. Louis office leadership and everyone at Centric. We love to help people succeed.
- Special culture – Hands down, the people are the best part of Centric. But you shouldn't take our word on it – check us out on Glassdoor, Facebook or Twitter to get a glimpse inside what makes us different.
- Network of technology champions – There's no fun in being the only geek in the room. Centric celebrates all things tech. For example, we hold a yearly gathering called Camp I/O. In the vein of TEDx talks, Camp I/O is an opportunity for technology-minded people across Centric to get together and show off what they can do when not constrained by client requirements and platforms. Check out some of the innovative presentations from last year.
- Prefer to contract?
- Contractor friendly environment – Contractors are an important part of our Centric family and we treat them as such. You will find that our policies and practices make it easy for you to contract with us.
- Benefits eligibility – As a W2T temporary employee, you are eligible for Centric's W2T benefits package which includes medical and dental coverage. We are also open to Corp to Corp arrangements (no benefits in that case, however).
- Full-time potential – Many of our full-time employees originally started as contractors. If that's something you are interested in, we can explore those options. That said, if you want to remain a contractor that's fine too. We are flexible!
Centric believes the best solutions come from diverse teams. We strive to have an environment where everyone has an opportunity to be successful regardless of their race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation or gender identity.
Meet Some of Centric Consulting's Employees
Senior Consultant, Organizational Change Management
Tierra helps Centric Consulting’s Cleveland clients with change management projects, such as software upgrades, training company clients on new technology.
Back to top