Manager, Master Data Management / Data Governance
Master Data Management/Data Governance Manager
Are you a leader?
Do you like sharing your expertise with others?
Do you want to do it in a fun, tech-friendly environment?
Centric Consulting is hiring a Data Governance Manager for our Chicago office. We are looking for seasoned professionals looking to make an impact - both with clients and in their personal career.
This is a senior level opportunity.
What You'll Do as a Master Data Management/Data Governance Manager (MDM/DG Mgr)
You will be responsible for designing, leading, and executing complex Data Governance and master Data Management projects. This position has responsibility for contributing to Centric's knowledge base and acting as a SME.
You will work with business stakeholders to ensure data consistency, accuracy, availability, and accessibility as well as contributing to the common vision and communication including elevating the organization's commitment to clean, reliable, and accurate customer and business data.
You will develop and implement processes to maintain high-quality data assets, facilitate and drive cross-functional teams to achieve Data Governance results and encourage the growth and leads training of Data Stewards across the client's enterprise.
You will also manage data and analytics project and program execution of moderate complexity and proactively communicate risks, issues, and status to leadership and key stakeholders.
You should have 5+ years of experience designing, building, and executing Data Governance and Master Data management programs as well as 10+ years of experience in information management.
What You'll Bring
Creating unmatched experiences, for both clients and employees, is what we do. You should revel in doing the unexpected and extraordinary for others.
We want someone who likes to solve problems. Clients don't come to us when the problem is easy. You should enjoy taking on the hard stuff.
And because we work with clients, excellent communication skills are important – both written and verbal. Translating technical concepts into layman's terms is an essential skill.
Initiative is important. We don't hand hold – you should be comfortable working independently in an entrepreneurial environment. That said, collaboration is equally important. Our Chicago team and other consultants at Centric will give you an amazing support system. You will lean on them daily.
Last, but not least, you will, of course, need in-depth, hands-on knowledge of SQL as well as experience with one or more data quality tools (e.g. Informatica, Data Stage, MDS, DQS, etc.)
- Supportive environment – We expect a lot from our MDM/DG Manager. But you won't be asked to do it alone. You will have the full support of the Chicago office leadership and everyone at Centric. We love to help people succeed.
- Special culture – Hands down, the people are the best part of Centric. But you shouldn't take our word on it – check us out on Glassdoor, Facebook or Twitter to get a glimpse inside what makes us different.
- Network of technology champions – There's no fun in being the only geek in the room. Centric celebrates all things tech. For example, we hold a yearly gathering called Camp I/O. In the vein of TEDx talks, Camp I/O is an opportunity for technology-minded people across Centric to get together and show off what they can do when not constrained by client requirements and platforms. Check out some of the innovative presentations from last year.
- Low travel – It's time to get off the road. We want you focused on Chicago. You can expect less than 20% travel. That said, if you like being a road warrior just let us know. As with all things at Centric, we are flexible.
- Flexibility – This is a full-time work-from-home position which means you are welcome to work wherever you wish – be it Starbucks or your home office.
- All-company (paid!) vacation trip – Who doesn't want to go someplace warm in the winter?
- Prefer to contract?
- Contractor friendly environment – Contractors are an important part of our Centric family and we treat them as such. You will find that our policies and practices make it easy for you to contract with us.
- Benefits eligibility – As a W2T temporary employee, you are eligible for Centric's W2T benefits package which includes medical and dental coverage. We are also open to Corp to Corp arrangements (no benefits in that case, however).
- Full-time potential – Many of our full-time employees originally started as contractors. If that's something you are interested in, we can explore those options. That said, if you want to remain a contractor that's fine too. We are flexible!
Centric believes the best solutions come from diverse teams. We strive to have an environment where everyone has an opportunity to be successful regardless of their race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation or gender identity.
Meet Some of Centric Consulting's Employees
Senior Consultant, Organizational Change Management
Tierra helps Centric Consulting’s Cleveland clients with change management projects, such as software upgrades, training company clients on new technology.
Back to top