Location: Cleveland, Ohio.
Do you have a passion for Java?
Looking for the next step in your career?
Centric Consulting is hiring a Java Developer for our Cleveland office. We are looking for seasoned professionals looking to make an impact - both with clients and in their personal career.
What You'll Do as a Java Developer
You will craft and develop Java based applications, translating business requirements and use cases into functional applications.
You will design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable Java code. Your code should be easy to change, configure, and deploy.
You will contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle, ensuring the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the applications.
You will identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems • You will help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization.
What You'll Bring
Creating unmatched experiences, for both clients and employees, is what we do. You should revel in doing the unexpected and extraordinary for others.
The fun part about consulting is that no two days are the same. You should have a learning mindset, ready to experience new ideas and situations regularly.
Consulting experience is strongly preferred. That said, you will also be considered if you have a strong industry background. We like to work in the communities we live in. As such, we are very interested if your industry experience that matches the Cleveland market – particularly financial services and healthcare.
We love creativity. Help us create new solutions, improve existing processes and solve problems innovatively.
Last but not least, you will, of course, need to be a solid Java Developer. We are looking for people with demonstrated capabilities with Java. The more experience you have with technologies like Spring, Hibernate, Java 8, Gradle, RxJava, Angular.js, React.js, REST, and automated testing, the better.
- Supportive environment – We expect a lot from our Java Developers. But you won't be asked to do it alone. You will have the full support of the Cleveland office leadership and everyone at Centric. We love to help people succeed.
- Growth opportunities – As a mid-size firm, there is more flexibility when it comes to career paths. Figure out what you want to do, and we'll figure out how to get you there.
- Special culture – Hands down, the people are the best part of Centric. But you shouldn't take our word on it – check us out on Glassdoor, Facebook or Twitter to get a glimpse inside what makes us different.
- Network of technology champions – There's no fun in being the only geek in the room. Centric celebrates all things tech. For example, we hold a yearly gathering called Camp I/O. In the vein of TEDx talks, Camp I/O is an opportunity for technology-minded people across Centric to get together and show off what they can do when not constrained by client requirements and platforms. Check out some of the innovative presentations from last year.
- All-company (paid!) vacation trip – Who doesn't want to go someplace warm in the winter?
- Prefer to contract?
- Contractor friendly environment – Contractors are an important part of our Centric family and we treat them as such. You will find that our policies and practices make it easy for you to contract with us.
- Benefits eligibility – As a W2T temporary employee, you are eligible for Centric's W2T benefits package which includes medical and dental coverage. We are also open to Corp to Corp arrangements (no benefits in that case, however).
- Full-time potential – Many of our full-time employees originally started as contractors. If that's something you are interested in, we can explore those options. That said, if you want to remain a contractor that's fine too. We are flexible!
Centric believes the best solutions come from diverse teams. We strive to have an environment where everyone has an opportunity to be successful regardless of their race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation or gender identity.
Meet Some of Centric Consulting's Employees
Senior Consultant, Organizational Change Management
Tierra helps Centric Consulting’s Cleveland clients with change management projects, such as software upgrades, training company clients on new technology.
Back to top