Big Data Architect
Big Data Architect
Location: Ongoing opportunities nationwide including Boston, Charlotte, Chicago, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Columbus, Indianapolis, Louisville, Miami, Seattle, St. Louis, Tampa
Do you love data?
Centric Consulting is hiring Big Data Architects to join our growing Data & Analytics practice.
This is a senior level full-time opportunity. Contract opportunities also available.
What You'll Do as a Big Data Architect
You will guide the full lifecycle of Hadoop solutions for our clients, including requirements analysis, platform selection, technical architecture design, application design and development, testing, and deployment.
You will stay on top of all things Big Data, including new technologies and methodologies, and share them with Centric and our clients.
You will contribute thought leadership in the data space by contributing blog articles, white-papers, and other technical commentary to the community.
You will lead ongoing Big Data strategy discussions with our Data & Analytics team.
What You'll Bring
Creating unmatched experiences, for both clients and employees, is what we do. You should revel in doing the unexpected and extraordinary for others.
The fun part about consulting is that no two days are the same. You should have a learning mindset, ready to experience new ideas and situations regularly.
We want someone who likes to solve problems. Clients don't come to us when the problem is easy. You should enjoy taking on the hard stuff.
And because we work with clients, excellent communication skills are important – both written and verbal. Translating technical concepts into layman's terms is an essential skill.
Do you like to travel? Good, because we need someone who likes being on the road. Expectup to 75% travel.
Last, but not least, you should have solid experience with Big Data concepts and technologies. Typically, you would have around ten years of general development experience and recent hands-on experience with Components/Frameworks such as Hadoop, Spark, Storm, HBase, HDFS, Pig, Hive, etc.
- Supportive environment – We expect a lot from our technologists. But you won't be asked to do it alone. You will have the full support of the Data & Analytics team and everyone at Centric. We love to help people succeed.
- Special culture – Hands down, the people are the best part of Centric. But you shouldn't take our word on it – check us out on Glassdoor, Facebook or Twitter to get a glimpse inside what makes us different.
- Network of technology champions – There's no fun in being the only geek in the room. Centric celebrates all things tech. For example, we hold a yearly gathering called Camp I/O. In the vein of TEDx talks, Camp I/O is an opportunity for technology-minded people across Centric to get together and show off what they can do when not constrained by client requirements and platforms. Check out some of the innovative presentations from last year.
- All-company (paid!) vacation trip – Who doesn't want to go someplace warm in the winter?
- Prefer to contract?
- Contractor friendly environment – Contractors are an important part of our Centric family and we treat them as such. You will find that our policies and practices make it easy for you to contract with us.
- Benefits eligibility – As a W2T temporary employee, you are eligible for Centric's W2T benefits package which includes medical and dental coverage. We are also open to Corp to Corp arrangements (no benefits in that case, however).
- Full-time potential – Many of our full-time employees originally started as contractors. If that's something you are interested in, we can explore those options. That said, if you want to remain a contractor that's fine too. We are flexible!
Centric believes the best solutions come from diverse teams. We strive to have an environment where everyone has an opportunity to be successful regardless of their race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation or gender identity.
Meet Some of Centric Consulting's Employees
Larry is responsible for crafting Centric’s business strategy and making sure it aligns with the mission and values. He ensures the decisions across the company align with the company’s culture.
Back to top