Senior Internal Control Analyst
About CentralSquare Technologies
CentralSquare is a unique enterprise software company whose mission is to build safer and smarter communities. The company serves over 7,500 organizations in North America, from large cities to counties and towns of every size. They provide software for managing public safety (#1 market share) and public administration (#2 market share). The company employs over 2,000 individuals in multiple North American locations. More information is available at www.CentralSquare.com.
Its technology platform for public safety includes 911 call management, computer-aided dispatch, records management, mobile, citations, evidence management, and corrections. In essence, the company’s software empowers first responders to do their jobs as effectively as possible. CentralSquare has the opportunity to help first responders save more lives. Based on recent studies, for every second the company’s ever improving software can shave off response time, one thousand lives are saved.
For public administration agencies, CentralSquare provides software for finance, human capital management, payroll, utility billing, citizen engagement, asset management, regulatory compliance, and community development. For government owned hospitals and clinics, it provides patient information, compliance, and analytics software. CentralSquare’s broad, unified and smart software suite serves 3 in 4 citizens across North America. With the efficiencies of Central Square software tools, administrators can spend more time on the big issues (education, homelessness, healthy patient outcomes, etc.) and less on fighting bureaucratic fires. Working at CentralSquare provides the opportunity to help improve the experience all of us as citizens have in interacting with our local governments.
Central Square has the backing of two of the most successful private equity firms: Vista Equity Partners and Bain Capital. The company was formed by these investors in late 2018 by the merger of Superion, TriTech along with Zuercher, and the public sector and healthcare business of Aptean.
Both of these firms are committed to providing the support necessary to maintain Central Square’s outstanding growth trajectory. The company has significant growth plans driven by continued product innovation, customer and market expansion and the shift from on-premise licensed software to a more cloud-based SaaS model.
Serving as an advisor for the Sarbanes Oxley and internal control function, the Senior Internal Control Analyst is responsible for leading the implementation of SOX fundamentals and the ongoing monitoring of the Company’s internal control environment. The Analyst will report to the Vice President Finance & Accounting, and drive efforts to strengthen the overall control awareness by serving as an analyst, advisor, project lead, partner, and coach.
- Implements and coordinates processes to ensure compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley requirements.
- Coordinates efforts across multiple departments to ensure SOX compliance requirements are met within required deadlines. Identifies internal control deficiencies and ensures the timely implementation of corrective actions.
- May participate in testing and interact with external auditors as needed.
- Work with the VP Accounting and the Controller to plan, coordinate, and execute the company’s annual compliance with the Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) Compliance Act as well as ad-hoc specific audits as needed.
- Support with SOX scoping and annual risk assessment process
- Plan and execute multiple SOX testing phases for various in-scope locations and areas including both Entity-Level controls and Business Cycle controls
- Assist and collaborate with external auditors for walkthroughs and SOX testing
- Provide technical assistance to functional business areas in development, refinement and documentation of internal controls and business process improvements
- Ensure all phases of testing are completed and communicated efficiently including planning, fieldwork and reporting
- Evaluate deficiencies and work with process owners for remediation
- Make recommendations on the systems and procedures being reviewed, report of the findings and recommendations, and monitor management’s response and implementation of recommendations
- Advise functional business groups on design and new process implementation as requested
- Assist in Segregation of Duties analysis and remediation
- Assist on Internal Audit projects as needed
Candidate must have ability to thrive in a team environment, be willing to assist other team members to achieve team goals and objectives and go the ‘extra mile’ if necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or MBA
- 4+ years of experience in audit or SOX compliance from Big 4 accounting firm and/or internal auditing or related field
- In-depth knowledge of Sarbanes Oxley requirements and the COSO Internal Controls framework
- A recognized professional qualification preferred (CPA, CA, CIA, CISA, CFE)
- Excellent analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills to interact across all functions within the company
- Ability to take initiative and work in a dynamic environment experiencing rapid growth and change
- Ability to gather, analyze, and evaluate facts and to prepare and present concise, detailed, and clear oral and written reports
- Ability to provide creative recommendations for minimization of business risks and improving business processes
- Ability to work independently and unsupervised
- Strong project management skill set with demonstrated prior experience; ability to manage multiple initiatives at the same time.
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Working knowledge of GAAP and relevant accounting and financial concepts
- Strong understanding of process and systems
- Ability to communicate and drive results cross-functionally; confidence to both suggest and support new ideas and approaches.