- Lake Mary, FL
About CentralSquare Technologies
CentralSquare is a unique enterprise software company whose mission is to build safer and smarter communities. The company serves over 7,500 organizations in North America, from large cities to counties and towns of every size. They provide software for managing public safety (#1 market share) and public administration (#2 market share). The company employs over 2,000 individuals in multiple North American locations. More information is available at www.CentralSquare.com.
Its technology platform for public safety includes 911 call management, computer-aided dispatch, records management, mobile, citations, evidence management, and corrections. In essence, the company’s software empowers first responders to do their jobs as effectively as possible. CentralSquare has the opportunity to help first responders save more lives. Based on recent studies, for every second the company’s ever improving software can shave off response time, one thousand lives are saved.
For public administration agencies, CentralSquare provides software for finance, human capital management, payroll, utility billing, citizen engagement, asset management, regulatory compliance, and community development. For government owned hospitals and clinics, it provides patient information, compliance, and analytics software. CentralSquare’s broad, unified and smart software suite serves 3 in 4 citizens across North America. With the efficiencies of Central Square software tools, administrators can spend more time on the big issues (education, homelessness, healthy patient outcomes, etc.) and less on fighting bureaucratic fires. Working at CentralSquare provides the opportunity to help improve the experience all of us as citizens have in interacting with our local governments.
Central Square has the backing of two of the most successful private equity firms: Vista Equity Partners and Bain Capital. The company was formed by these investors in late 2018 by the merger of Superion, TriTech along with Zuercher, and the public sector and healthcare business of Aptean.
Both of these firms are committed to providing the support necessary to maintain Central Square’s outstanding growth trajectory. The company has significant growth plans driven by continued product innovation, customer and market expansion and the shift from on-premise licensed software to a more cloud-based SaaS model.
The Manager, Pricing can be located in either Lake Mary, FL or Sioux Falls, SD
The Manager, Pricing is responsible for working closely and responsively with Sales and Finance to effectively price proposals, balancing the need to provide a competitive price with the need to maximize revenue and gross margin. The Manager, Pricing will also be responsible for developing and recommending pricing strategy to achieve sales, revenue, and profitability goals utilizing both traditional perpetual license software pricing and SaaS pricing. Considered highly skilled and proficient in discipline. Conducts complex work important to the organization. Works under minimal supervision with wide latitude for independent judgment.
· Develops price recommendations for software products based on economic value, willingness to pay, competition, and go-to-market strategy. Serves as trusted advisor to product management and the business units on pricing awareness.
· Conducts primary and secondary market research to develop competitor analysis and value proposition. Creates and maintains analytical models and tools to project and support pricing initiatives and ancillary offerings.
· Manages projects and project teams for transformational endeavors defined by the executive leadership team.
· Creates the pricing strategy for customer Request For Proposal (RFP)s and up-sell/cross-sale quotes for both new and existing accounts based on market research and knowledge.
· Works with Account Executives/Account Managers to understand client disposition when creating pricing guidelines. Advises and counsels on appropriate pursuit and positioning strategies. Supports Sales personnel with internal pricing information and guidance.
· Obtains quotations, contract terms and conditions, statements of work etc. from third-party subcontractors/partners as necessary.
· Maintains relationships with 3rd party vendors around integration pricing.
· Utilizes Freedom Of Information Act (FOIA) request documents to build competitive pricing library.
· Maintains a database of past opportunities and outcomes to glean information for future bid wins.
· Supports Executive team by providing a ready source of informal data regarding sales trends and activities reflected by pricing activity.
· Reviews and approves all Sales quotes within set levels of authority utilizing Customer Relationship Management (CRM), currently Salesforce.com, system and related configuration, pricing and quoting tools.
· Researches and tracks competitor pricing and market trends. Analyzes the impact of pricing changes on profitability and growth rates.
· Adheres to and promotes CentralSquare Core Values; Bold Vision, Ownership in Action, Honoring Commitments.
· Other responsibilities as required
Education: Bachelor's degree in Business Management or related field preferred.
Specialized knowledge: Knowledge of government acquisition guidelines and compliance requirements. Knowledge of public safety technology solutions.
Computer skills: Advanced/Intermediate skills in MS products including Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and SharePoint. Salesforce and CPQ experience strongly desired.
Experience (years and type): Minimum 3-5 years experience in a position where primary responsibility was software pricing and margin analysis. Experience in the public safety industry preferred.
Competencies: Proven attention to detail and thorough documentation. Problem-solving skills, analytical insight, and experience with economic modeling.
Back to top