Lead Application Analyst
The Lead Application Analyst is a team lead and technical resource for engineers assigned to work on software interfaces and integrations within projects. No previous coding experience is required for this role. Instead, you will be collecting information from public safety experts and vendors in order to configure software interfaces between Pro Suite applications and third-party systems. Position does require implementing, troubleshooting, and supporting the interfaces.
- Manages Pro Suite interface configuration, testing, and implementation for on time delivery to new and existing agencies at Go Live.
- Develops and maintains a proficient knowledge of Pro Suite applications and the interfaces between external applications and products
- Manages level of effort estimates, statuses, deadlines, and interface release timelines.
- Assign system engineering resources for projects, including assistance with scheduling.
- Drives the expansion of Support and company-wide interface knowledge through documentation, presentations and wikis.
- Identifies and creates efficiencies that will improve interface deployments and supportability.
- Operates as a resource to less experienced Systems Engineers, providing an open learning environment for cross-team knowledge sharing. Shares technical knowledge in both one-on-one and group settings.
- Provides meaningful feedback to direct reports including annual performance reviews. Works with each direct report to set and achieve short and long-term goals.
- Travels as required to complete project deliverables.
- Actively participate in the enhancement and maintenance of the Pro Suite product documentation and knowledgebase.
- Able to continually pass background check requirements for working on and connecting to public safety information systems.
- Other responsibilities as required.
Education: BA/BS in Engineering OR related field OR equivalent experience required (such as software deployment).
Professional Certifications: n/a
Specialized Knowledge: Proficient in software requirements analysis and definition. Expertise in development of software and hardware test procedures and conducting associated tests. Experience in public safety and/or radio systems a plus.
Technical Skills: General schema knowledge (such as XML and JSON) Some Database knowledge, Microsoft SQL) Understanding of programming and scripting languages. Previous coding experience is NOT required. Troubleshooting applications, servers, connectivity (TCP/IP, WebService, Fileshare). Experience with MS Word, MS Project, MS Visio or other diagrammatic tools.
Experience (years and type): One year of leadership responsibility, or management experience in a technical / IT field.
Competencies: Requirement gathering and articulating technical and functional concepts to technical and non-technical audiences. Strong organizational skills and ability to work efficiently and effectively manage priorities to meet multiple project timelines. Demonstrated understanding of and commitment to project management best practices. Prior management experience highly desirable.
TRAVEL - Approximately 20% / Limited
Meet Some of CentralSquare's Employees
Dave C.VP of User Experience
Dave’s team takes CentralSquare’s powerful software and ensures it’s easy to use and tailored to the specific needs of public safety agencies and local administrations.
Back to top