Senior Software Engineer - Tech Ops
- Nottingham, U.K.
Cenduit LLC is the largest IRT (interactive response technology) specialist in the world with the expertise to empower study sponsors for success by implementing a completely personalized system that puts them in control of their clinical trials. Cenduit was founded in May 2007 and emerges from a robust tradition of clinical development and supply chain expertise from two world leaders, Quintiles and Thermo Fisher Scientific.
Meeting the needs of investigator sites and patients, Cenduit offers clinical supply chain intelligence and clinical operations know-how through its IRT-driven services: rapid study start-up software, patient randomization (RTSM), patient reminders, drug supply management, and eClinical integration. Cenduit has over 500 experts worldwide in the US, UK, Switzerland, India and Japan, with clinical trial experience in more than 100 countries, interacting with more than 600,000 patients at more than 32,000 sites.
The Purpose of this role is to analyze the client requirements to build and deliver the clinical study based on the functionality. To support in developing solutions for functionality requirements and setup the study for Client UAT and live implementations.
- Responsible to understand and analyse the client requirements to build study and provide suitable review and response to the requirements document in coordination with PM group.
- Analyse, design and coordinate the development of the clinical study by using CIRT platform to code and unit test programs.
- Analyze user needs and software requirements to determine feasibility within time lines.
- Contribute to the development of high-quality code defined for high performance and for reuse by team members.
- Responsible to conduct code reviews and the designing of the clinical study system and proactively provide solutions to problems arising.
- Collaborates and adds value through participation is peer code review and provides comments and suggestion.
- Proactively provide solutions to issues using a sound problem solving technique
- Responsible to provide detailed analysis on investigations of study issues and provide recommendations on code issues for better productivity.
- Responsible to perform technical root cause analysis and outline corrective action planning of solutions.
- Planning and organising the assessment of efforts/ time estimations for studies, revisions and enhancements and deliver the project plan as per study time lines.
- Conceptualize and convey functionality to customer requirements with limited supervision.
- Conceptualize, configures and develops complete solution as per the client requirements shared.
- Documents functional specifications consistently and records any changes/deviations incorporated during the development cycle.
- Able to work on complex revisions (SCR) and provide related solutions
- Responsible for required documentation as per the laid SOP's and coordinate for submission to next level
- Works collaboratively and professionally with the cross functional teams to achieve the goals.
- Responsible to perform the role with coordination of other teams with least supervision.
- Performs other tasks as necessary.
- Understands role and contribution relative to project objectives
- Understands the complexity inherent across geographies and cultural or regional boundaries.
- Regularly uses company's global knowledge systems
- Able to provide ideas & process improvements for organisational growth.
- Able to perform multitasking.
- Investigates any problem and provide solutions to the problem as quick as possible.
- Skills Required: VB 6.0, .NET, C#, SQL (2000 &2008), crystal report and BOBJ
- SQL Developer experience
- Additional skills preferred: Basic Clinical Domain Knowledge, Specialization on SQL SSIS, Performance Tuning.
- Expected high level professionalism in the work environment.
- Ability to learn the domain quickly.
- Ability to identify critical issues and makes evaluations to provide suitable solutions.
- Ability to meet and adhere to timelines as planned for study
- Coordination across all geographical location on critical situations.
- Ability to multi-task and stay organized in a dynamic work environment.
- Keep update with new technology information
- Ability to interact openly with all levels of Management i.e. supervisors, peers and subordinates
- MS SQL server 2008 R2
- Creation of T-SQL (store procedures, functions, triggers, views, joins, tables)
- Ability to write complex queries
- Overall good in MS SQL database development.
- Good Knowledge in VB 6.0, SQL 2008, .NET, Crystal report.
- Basic knowledge in BOBJ, C#.
- Interacts in a professional manner.
- Demonstrates effective oral and written communication as well as commitment to keeping others informed, proactively passing on relevant information to others.
- Ensures that all work meets quality standards and supports others to achieve good quality.
- Delivers a quality service and work products on time with adherence to SOP's.
- Proactively looks to learn and develop knowledge.
- Accepts feedback constructively and strives to learn and develop from feedback received.
- Keeps up to date with new developments to ensure knowledge of the industry/area of expertise is up to date.
- Plans work well to ensure that timelines are met.
- Demonstrates commitment and enthusiasm to Cenduit and the aims of the company.
- Demonstrates responsibility and accountability in all actions.
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science or related discipline or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- 4-8 years of experience in Software Development preferably work experience in clinical domain.
Back to top