Talent Labs Research Scientist
CEB (NYSE: CEB) is seeking an experienced researcher, data scientist, and/or analyst to join our team as a Research Scientist (RS). The Research Scientist is a core contributor on the Talent Management ™ Labs team and is responsible for working on a variety, and potentially multiple, research and development projects across the Labs. The RS will apply their research, analytical and data management skills as part of a research/project team. TM Lab projects are directed at creating new talent management insights (frameworks and models); developing analytic and data capabilities; or “proving” the viability of new technologies and techniques for CEB’s core business lines. This role will require strong “network performance,” which includes coordinating with multiple internal departments, senior stakeholders, and team members to complete their work.
- Serve as a principal contributor to Talent Management Labs research projects by:
- Conducting research on major talent management topics – including leadership, performance management, workforce planning, etc.
- Researching and developing new assessment solutions or techniques – including measurement of personality, cognition, and behavior.
- Building and testing analytic models to predict talent management outcomes – including employee performance, retention, “job fit,” engagement, etc.
- Design and apply instruments to collect and prepare data in support of research, validation and development projects.
- Execute advanced model testing and analysis using multiple analytic methods from statistics, econometrics, forecasting, etc.
- Collaborate with other researchers and research teams to ensure all research conforms to the highest quality standards and is aligned with similar or relevant work happening across CEB.
- Serve as an internal subject matter expert, providing support to multiple projects and other team members on their projects.
- Write and revise technical documents as required to summarize project findings and implications.
- Present research findings to internal stakeholders and clients.
Education, Experience and Qualifications
Advanced degree in an applied research oriented discipline, with experience in quantitative research and methods.
- Preferred: PhD or ABD in the Social Sciences, including Policy Analysis, Industrial & Organizational Psychology, Political Science, and Economics, with 1-3 years demonstrated experience conducting research in an applied setting.
- Considered: PhD in science and math disciplines, such as applied statistics and/or Masters in the Social Sciences (as above), with at least 3 years demonstrated experience conducting research in an applied setting.
Applied research experience should focus on analyzing business management, workforce management, and social and/or policy related issues. Including activities such as:
- Using established analytical models and techniques, with required expertise in linear regression/general linear models, exploratory and confirmatory factor analysis, and structural equation modeling.
- Additional expertise in cost-benefit analysis, decision analysis, hierarchical linear modeling, time series analysis, psychometrics, cluster analysis, and mixture modeling preferred.
- hypothesis generation and testing
- Building quantitative (predictive and/or prescriptive) models
- Evaluating solutions, policies, and identifying best practice management solutions
- Collecting and analyzing both structured and unstructured data.
Qualifications and demonstrated proficiency in:
- Using statistical and analytical software, such as R, SPSS or STATA
- Working in Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc.)
- Conceiving and executing complex research projects and tasks.
- Translating research questions and objectives into actionable analyses.
- Interpreting the practical utility and significance of results of analyses to business executives
- Communicating findings and recommendations to executive and expert audiences in reports and presentations
More on CEB and the Talent Management Labs
CEB is a best practice insight and technology company. We have a unique view into what matters—and what works—when driving corporate performance. With more than 30 years of experience working with top companies to share, analyze, and apply proven practices, we deliver innovative solutions that help organizations, their executives, and their employees unlock their full potential.
The Talent Management Group at CEB is a primary line of business focused on helping our customers set their talent strategies and meet their talent management goals in employee assessment, selection, development, and performance management. Our products improve business performance by allowing our customers to realize the value and potential of people.
CEB’s Talent Management Lab is the principle Research and Development (R&D) arm of CEB’s Talent Management Group. The Lab conducts research in the field of Talent Management and is tasked with ensuring that CEB’s products are based on the most advanced, and applicable, science. The group also conducts large scale research, validation and talent analytic projects to understand the drivers of employee performance and organizational success. Finally, the group is responsible for enabling the use, and reuse in aggregate combinations, of CEB’s growing talent-related data assets – collected through our assessment, survey, and work-force planning products.
Back to top