Summer 2016 - Graduate Trainee Program: Business Development Associate
We are currentlyseeking a Business Development Associate to workin our vibrant London office (centrally located in Holborn). The Business DevelopmentAssociate (BDA) is an essential contributor to theperformance of our new business function, and supports one or several BusinessDevelopment Managers. Meetings and calls with prospective clients are theprimary catalysts for new contracts, and the BDA has a key role in schedulingthese. As well as providing logistical/administrative support, the BDA alsoadds immense value to the sales cycle by diagnosing the needs and ‘pinch-points’ of prospective clients. In turn, the BDA feeds these back intothe sales cycle in order that we engage in the most appropriate and impactfulmanner. Business Development Associates work in aclose knit team with their Business Development Managers, and are incentivised basedon the number of these key interactions that they schedule
Responsibilitiesinclude, but are not limited to:
Client/Prospect Facing Commercial Activities
- Outboundcold‐callingresponsibilities to Europe’s Senior Most Executives to schedule live or phonebased business meetings on behalf of a Business Development Manager
- Successfullydiagnose the executive’s key business needs where possible, to ensure a highquality of interaction in the first meeting with a Business Development Manager
- Seekto engage with secondary points of contact in client organisations to helpdrive consensus based decision making
- Whereappropriate recruit prospective clients to CEB service events (conferences andteleconference)
- Supportthe Business Development Manager in all aspects of the sales cycle, includingFUPA (Follow – Up – Phone – Appointments) scheduling, recruiting prospectiveclients to meetings and engagement in other follow‐up activities
Non Client – Facing Commercial Activities
- Supportthe sales process by managing the administrative elements
- Createpreparation packets for Sales Executives travelling to meet with / speak toprospective clients
- Reviewand update client information to ensure that it is up to date and accurate
- Salesterritory management and prioritisation
- Outboundmarketing to engage prospective members, e.g. email campaigns, mailing andinvitations
A successful candidate will possess:
- Undergraduate degree qualified (any discipline)
- Ideally a minimum of 9 months experience in a sales / new business support function (inside sales, prospecting, sales support), and able to demonstrate an exemplar service ethic whilst contributing to individual and team goals
- Goal and action orientated with ability and desire to work towards revenue targets within a team environment
- High level of comfort and determination when dealing with challenging situations, i.e. objection handling, overcoming gatekeepers etc.
- Solid organisation, multi‐tasking and prioritisation skills, including an acute attention to detail
- Forward thinking and solutions orientated approach at all times
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written with the ability to engage a senior – level audience
- Strong MS office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) skills are required, and any knowledge of CRM databases (such as Salesforce.com) would be an advantage
Compensation and Benefits Package
- Competitive base salary
- Full benefit package including Medical Cover, Dental Cover, Group Personal Pension Scheme,Season Ticket Loan, Eye Care (free eye tests plus subsidized spectacles), Discounted gym membership and a Range of local discounts, e.g. theatre tickets, etc.
CEB is a best practice insight and technology company. In partnership with leading organizations around the globe, we develop innovative solutions to drive corporate performance. CEB equips leaders at more than 10,000 companies with the intelligence to effectively manage talent, customers, and operations. CEB is a trusted partner to nearly 90% of the Fortune 500 and FTSE 100, and more than 70% of the Dow Jones Asian Titans. More at cebglobal.com.
Known as an innovative growth firm, CEB is hiring experienced professionals and early careerists within a variety of intellectually stimulating careers. Learn more about our global opportunities at cebcareers.com.
CEB is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Back to top