Software Engineer II (UI)
CEB (NYSE: CEB) is a best practice insight and technology company. In partnership with leading organizations around the globe, we develop innovative solutions to drive corporate performance. CEB equips leaders at more than 10,000 companies with the intelligence to effectively manage talent, customers, and operations. CEB is a trusted partner to 90% of the Fortune 500, nearly 75% of the Dow Jones Asian Titans, and more than 85% of the FTSE 100.
Software Engineer II (UI) is responsible for front –end design and development of new web-based applications including coding, debugging and documentation, following Agile Development Methodology. Also responsible for understanding, suggesting and choose from, possible technical solutions/tools to satisfy business needs-choices that reflect a solution that balances design, use, and support. Use the best practices/techniques for keeping the design/solution under control without excessive work or rework.
- Follow Agile software development methodology to gather requirements, design, and develop high quality deliverables.
- Follow architecture principles and development standards set by the team to deliver high quality user interface code that will run across multiple browsers with high performance.
- Work closely with development team and product team to ensure the design meets the requirements
- Work closely with Quality Assurance team to ensure and maintain quality standards
Desired Skills and Experience
- Expert Web UI developer with strong analytical and technical ability with 5 years of hands on experience in building web applications
- Hands on experience with DOM manipulation
- Hands on experience with Object Oriented Java Script.
- Hands on experience with HTML5 and CSS3
- Hands on experience with AJAX and JSON
- Crafting responsive design using CSS3 media queries
- Must be familiar with browser debugging tools such as Chrome DevTools/Firebug
- Knowledge of MVC framework
- Passion for frontend development and stays updated with advances of frontend tech
- Familiar with current W3C standards, compatibility issues and fallback strategies for legacy browsers (Cross browser compatibility)
- Good to have: Knowledge of and familiarity with Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG).
- Good to have: Experience with Twitter Bootstrap
- Good to have: Experience with any MV* framework like AngularJS, KnockoutJS etc.
- Good to have: Experience collaborating with a team of J2EE developers
- Setting up clear line of communication with Server side developers for seamless parallel development of UI and Backend,
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, deadline-driving environment
DeDegree in Bachelors of Science (BS)) is required
Meet Some of CEB's Employees
Senior Business Development Manager
Peter helps HR & customer service leaders evaluate and join CEB’s best practice research programs by showing them how their involvement will impact business performance.
Back to top