Software Engineer II
Software Engineer II is responsible for design and development of new web-based applications including coding, debugging and documentation, following Agile Development Methodology. Also responsible for understanding, suggesting and choose from, possible technical solutions/tools to satisfy business needs-choices that reflect a solution that balances design, use, and support. Use the best practices/techniques for keeping the design/solution under control without excessive work or rework.
This position requires technical skills and an ability to resolve complex problems while working on time-boxed, multiple concurrent development projects.
- Follow Agile software development methodology to gather requirements, design, implement, and test changes to our applications and websites.
- Identify opportunities for improving application performance, usability and reliability
- Perform unit and integration testing of features to ensure proper functionality
- Lead technical design sessions of user stories.
- Understand, suggest and choose from, possible technical solutions/tools to satisfy business needs-choices that reflect a solution that balances design, use, and support. Use the best practices/techniques for keeping the design/solution under control without excessive work or rework.
- Assist in support of existing functionality through the resolution of bugs.
- Replicate defects in development environment to identify root cause and implement solutions to improve product quality
- Derive individual development tasks from user stories
- Execute development tasks within user stories to build features
- Research feasibility of design alternatives to determine cost and scope of each design
- Collaborate with team members to balance workload
- Provide mentoring to less experienced software engineers
- 4-6 years total experience with strong hands on experience in working with Apache Storm and/or Spark and other related components like Kafka and Zookeeper in a production environment.
- Deep understanding in complex ETL Architectures and distributed system's designs.
- Strong Knowledge in JDK 6 and above is essential.
- Strong Hands on Experience in Core Java, expertise and Java best practices.
Nice to Have:
- Hands on experience in Scala.
- Hands on experience in Python
- Knowledge in Hadoop Stack and Indexing frameworks like SOLR or ElasticSearch is greatly desirable.
- Demonstrate understanding and designing message exchange systems employing REST\Web Services and Message Queue Frameworks.
Meet Some of CEB's Employees
Senior Business Development Manager
Peter helps HR & customer service leaders evaluate and join CEB’s best practice research programs by showing them how their involvement will impact business performance.
Back to top