Senior Voice Engineer
CEB (NYSE: CEB) is a best practice insight and technology company. In partnership with leading organizations around the globe, we develop innovative solutions to drive corporate performance. CEB equips leaders at more than 10,000 companies with the intelligence to effectively manage talent, customers, and operations. CEB is a trusted partner to 90% of the Fortune 500, nearly 75% of the Dow Jones Asian Titans, and more than 85% of the FTSE 100.
In this role, you will have a unique opportunity to research, design and implement enterprise technologies across CEB’s global computing landscape.
You will partner with operational and application stakeholders to define requirements and develop architecture for scalable and reliable environments designed to meet business growth for 2016 and beyond.
- Ensure overall availability and stability of all Collaboration and Voice/Video Infrastructure technologies supported
- PRI, H323/SIP protocols and trunking, voice gateway handling
- Manage infrastructure projects or tasks (upgrades, migrations, maintenance, and new technology) to completion with minimal supervision.
- Provides management, administration and support of Cisco Call Manager, Unity and Contact Center, Cisco routers, Cisco switches
- Execute performance and statistical monitoring and develop procedures and best practices to improve overall environment
- Provides technical support for new and existing technologies in collaboration with other technical and management stakeholders
- Communicates status and/or concerns regarding technical and project tasks to IT, business, and project management staff
- Identifies and proactively resolves voice infrastructure/network issues; identifies and manages risks and issues as a subject matter expert for daily operational support and projects; acts as primary support owner and contact for all voice, video and switching infrastructure environments; serves as third level of escalation for issues
- Provides continuous evaluation of the company’s telephony infrastructure and initiate expansion or remediation projects to support growth and mitigate risks
- Collaborates with IT partners to administer and support infrastructure environments and define the overall support process
- Manages the configuration, deployment, and administration of voice and Networking systems including routers, switches, Call Manager, Unity, and Contact Center
- Manage, LAN/WAN and Data Center Nexus Infrastructure and operations
- Performs hands-on support of production voice; own voice documentation initiatives
- Performs daily monitoring of the voice infrastructure, and report on voice and system capacity utilization and drives initiatives to improve the voice delivery
- Collaborates with the Systems Engineering team to design integrate and maintain an environment compliant with internal and external regulations
- Supports the setup of disaster recovery strategy for production environments
Experience and Knowledge Requirements:
- 5 to 10 years of Voice, LAN/WAN experience, design and troubleshooting in a fast pace production environment.
- VOIP, Cisco Call Manager, Unity and Contact Center, IM and Presence, CER, Cisco Enterprise License Manager, Voice Gateways, RightFax, Avotus, architecture, troubleshooting and administration
- Advanced expertise in Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM), Voice gateways (MGCP/H323/SIP) besides voice-related systems, applications.
- Networking – LAN, WAN and Nexus platform expertise
- Switching principles and protocols including, VLAN, STP, VTP, ISL, 802.1Q, Etherchannel.
- QOS (Cisco autoQOS, Diffserv, WFQ, CBWFQ, CAC and RSVP)
- Wireless technologies and protocols (802.11a, b, g and n)
- Packet analysis tools; must be proficient at reading network packet streams
- Network events monitoring and log management tools; SolarWinds Orion and Wireshark.
- Network best practices based on well-known standards
- Working knowledge of Riverbed Steelhead and IP Telephony systems a plus
- Strong project management and organizational skills necessary to coordinate across diverse IT and business groups to deliver projects on time and within budget
- Ability to provide on call support for critical production issues and serve as member of escalation team (requires ability to be reached during emergencies and critical outages/issues)
- Some international travel may be required, valid passport required
Education and Certifications:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Cisco certifications:
- CCNP – Voice tracking towards CCIE – Voice required
- CCIE – Voice preferred
Meet Some of CEB's Employees
Senior Business Development Manager
Peter helps HR & customer service leaders evaluate and join CEB’s best practice research programs by showing them how their involvement will impact business performance.
Back to top