Senior Software Engineer
CEB (NYSE: CEB) is the leading member-based advisory company. By combining the best practices of thousands of member companies with our advanced research methodologies and human capital analytics, we equip senior leaders and their teams with insight and actionable solutions to transform operations. This distinctive approach, pioneered by CEB, enables executives to harness peer perspectives and tap into breakthrough innovation without costly consulting or reinvention. The CEB member network includes more than 16,000 executives and the majority of top companies globally.
- Work with the project manager and development manager on a day-to-day basis
- Work with other team members to accomplish key development tasks
- Gather and process raw data at scale (including writing scripts, web scraping, calling APIs, write SQL queries, etc.)
- Design and Architect solutions
- Translate business requirements to technical components and build end to end solution.
- Create specifications for ETL design/development/support and then transform those designs into system capabilities utilizing standard coding tools and processes
- Process unstructured data into a form suitable for analysis – and then do the analysis.
- Communicate effectively with business stake holders to provide status and required support across projects
- Work closely with business users to understand data requirements and access needs
- Collaborate with team members and mentor interns at data innovation center to deliver research oriented projects
- Provide weekly status updates to the project manager
- B.S. in computer science, mathematics, or equivalent degree
- 8 years of experience with Big Data technologies and Hadoop ecosystem like Hive, Impala, MapReduce, Spark, Sqoop, Flume, Oozie, Kudu, and Solr
- Experience with programming language Java, Python, Scala
- Strong analytic and statistical skills—both quantitative and qualitative and ability to distill data into important, relevant ''so what's'' for senior managers
- Proficient in a UNIX / Linux environment
- 2 years of experience in data mining, machine learning, and natural language processing
- Knowledge of Collaborative Filtering, K means clustering, Random Forest, and Decision Trees modelling techniques
- Enough programming knowledge to clean and scrub noisy datasets
- Experience in processing large amounts of structured and unstructured data
- Displays initiative, self-motivation, and effective time-management skills
Meet Some of CEB's Employees
Business Development Associate
Andrew works with his team to find and reach out to new business prospects for CEB. He interfaces with Fortune 500 companies across the world—and gets them on board with CEB's solutions.
Back to top