Senior Product Manager, Sunstone Analytics
Senior Product Manager – Talent Assessment
Location: Arlington, VA
The Senior Product Manager is responsible for leading the development and execution of the product line vision and strategy for the Application Analytics product within the Talent Assessment organization. This includes surfacing and launching new products, driving product enhancements and establishing and achieving ambitious outcomes through coordinated execution with stakeholders across the Talent Assessment business.
What products would you work on?
The CEB Talent Assessment business as a whole includes products that help companies make better decisions when it comes to recruiting, assessing and aligning talent for their organization. Products have analytics, benchmarking, and prescriptive guidance built-in, and we are focused on optimizing them for specific market segments / geographies, platforms, expanding third party integrations and improving user experience and visual design. The Application Analytics product provides clients with statistical models which predict job fit and success for new hire candidates based on application form / resume information. This product line primarily serves clients in the Volume/Entry markets, and benefits those companies through superior post-hire outcomes and improved efficiency in the hiring process.
What does success look like?
- You are market-led: You understand your market segment and voraciously work to guide the product roadmap to ensure the Application Analytics product's value proposition and capabilities align with the existing and emerging needs of the market. You make decisions quickly and ensure there's continual progress toward milestones. You ruthlessly prioritize needs and requests coming from multiple directions in order to maximize the value to clients and our business.
- Product expert and evangelist: You quickly understand the statistical approaches and systems underpinning the Application Analytics product and can articulate them to both technical and non-technical audiences. Furthermore, you are able to tie these concepts to the practical realities of clients' hiring needs, systems capabilities, and regulatory considerations. As a cutting-edge product in a new category, you are comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and can quickly synthesize information to guide decision-making.
- Collaborate with business stakeholders: You actively listen to strategy and needs from colleagues in sales and professional services roles as well as other product managers with products/capabilities which may provide opportunities for integrated solutions. You transform those inputs into product designs, discrete features and requirements (while not losing sight of the higher priority market needs), and then keep the teams informed and involved throughout the product development process with excellent communication skills.
- Work well with technology teams: While you might not have statistical modeling or programming experience, you are savvy about technology, statistical concepts, understanding databases, cloud-based software, web development, etc. You are not afraid to have interactive discussions with your Application Analytics technical team or development team counterparts in order to ensure that short and long term roadmap requirements are achieved.
- Design for users: You communicate directly and regularly with internal and external stakeholders to fully understand their workflows, mindsets, and experiences using our products. You serve as a voice of the customer, incorporating client feedback into requirements, designs and feature roadmaps. You work closely with your User Experience and Design counterparts to deliver a high quality user experience.
- Leadership and coaching: You have strong verbal and written leadership skills and are able to mentor a group of Product Managers to build high quality products while nurturing the professional growth of your team. You lead by example and are a member of the team, including acting as an individual contributor to the product development process.
- Define multi-year product vision and strategy based on a deep understanding of the target market to support the current and future growth of the Application Analytics product
- Helping set and achieve product level financial goals
- Develop a world-class approach to continuously identifying customer, competitor, technology, business model and market trends to discover and validate urgent and pervasive market problems
- Collaborate with Application Analytics technical team members who directly oversee algorithm development and systems integration to ensure existing and future business needs are met.
- Develop Business and Market Requirement documents, and partner with Platform Product Management to develop Product Requirement documents, including defining and prioritizing features, specifications, and user stories
- Leverage techniques such as personas, stakeholder maps, customer journey maps, customer lifecycle maps, and user story mapping to develop and refine new product concepts
- Develop product sketches and wireframes as part of product discovery
- Serve as the champion of the customer experience and partner with UX/Design, Product counterparts and Professional Services to deliver delightful user experiences across all customer touchpoints
- Present to Customer Advisory Boards to test new product concepts and growth hypotheses
- Act as owner and collaborate with prospects, customers, Platform Product Management, UX/Design, Data Science, Technology, Sales, Product Marketing, Professional Services, Finance and Legal organizations on product strategy, product positioning, pricing, profitability, sales enablement and go-to-market strategy
Qualifications & Experience
- The successful candidate will possess 5 years minimum of product management experience on a SaaS solution, platform, marketplace, or other software-led product in an agile B2B environment, and 10 years of experience overall
- Fluency in core statistical and data science concepts (e.g., statistical significance, regression analysis, machine learning) though direct modeling experience not required
- Experience developing or crafting GTM strategy for human capital management or talent management products is a plus
- Strong evidence of keeping commitments and delivering results
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and influence others to achieve goals in a matrix environment on a global basis
- Demonstrated ability to interpret and analyze data to support decision making
- Experience leading new product development teams (either as a direct manager or through informal leadership) and driving them toward a common customer and business vision all the way through to delivery
- Experience developing talent including coaching, mentoring, and building a product management talent pipeline
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 25% of the time, within the US and globally
- Demonstrate strong and clear accountability for the group's performance and delivery
- Possess and model a big-picture vision as well as the drive and attention to detail that transforms the vision into a reality
- A pragmatic decision-maker, with the ability to prioritize tasks in the context of business objectives, technology constraints, and dependencies
- Superb communication skills for both oral and written communication; ability to communicate confidently across all levels in the organization
- Track record of evangelizing concepts beyond current offerings and driving business model innovation across products, services, and delivery channels
- Build and establish credibility and value-add among the business leadership and be highly respected throughout the organization
- Able to effectively lead by influence rather than direct control in a global, matrixed organizational structure
- Exceptional client service ethic; comfort in communicating directly with senior executives
- Entrepreneurial: High energy level, sense of urgency and intellectual curiosity, confident, thorough, not afraid to make decisions, oriented toward practical solutions. Passion for developing great products!
- Self-confidence: Confident, without an ego, to have both the conviction and willingness to make decisions as well as the confidence to seek collaborative solutions
- Analytical: Emphasis on taking a data-driven approach to decision making and ability quickly synthesize information into actionable conclusions.
- Strong work ethic: Ability to overcome setbacks and enthusiastically persist until ambitious goals are achieved—must be resourceful, creative and innovative.
- Accountable: Results-oriented team player who leads by example, holds self accountable for performance, takes ownership, champions efforts with enthusiasm and conviction.
- Great attitude: Scrappy, resourceful, collaborative, adaptable, fun, solid sense of humor and able to influence others.
Meet Some of CEB's Employees
Business Development Associate
Andrew works with his team to find and reach out to new business prospects for CEB. He interfaces with Fortune 500 companies across the world—and gets them on board with CEB's solutions.
Back to top