Senior .NET Engineer
CEB is a best practice insight and technology company. In partnership with leading organizations around the globe, we develop innovative solutions to drive corporate performance. CEB equips leaders at more than 10,000 companies with the intelligence to effectively manage talent, customers, and operations. CEB is a trusted partner to nearly 90% of the Fortune 500 and FTSE 100, and more than 70% of the Dow Jones Asian Titans. More at cebglobal.com.
Known as an innovative growth firm, CEB is hiring experienced professionals and early careerists in locations around the world. Learn more at cebcareers.com.
The Metrics that Metter Product Development team builds, maintains, and supports the company’s Talent Management suite of applications. The products and services supported by the Metrics that Mettersuite are continually growing, evolving, and changing in response to client needs and market drivers. As such, flexibility, adaptability, and maintainability are keys for success of continued product growth and evolution. An ideal candidate will demonstrate the ability to creatively and successfully apply proven enterprise-level software engineering principles, practices, and patterns to grow and improve a diverse system. Team members are also fully active contributors throughout the entire SDLC process including user experience design and testing. The team culture is a positive pairing of fluid, collaborative nature of a start-up with the quality-centric focus of an enterprise. All members are expected to be strong contributors both individually and as co-operative team members.
The Senior Software Engineer will be responsible for the vision, strategy, implementation, and facilitating adoption of the platform architecture.
- Follow Agile software development methodology to gather requirements, design, implement, and test changes to our applications and websites.
- Shared Ownership of overall technical architecture.
- Provide hands-on and direct support, when necessary, to help solve technology challenges.
- Serve as Architect for the evolving Web Platform, driving Web asset consolidation and product innovation.
- Drive the use of best of breed technologies, a core framework, and agile development methodologies.
- Apply component-based and service oriented architectures to build flexible systems that meet member needs.
- Analyse, design and develop new web-based applications including coding, automated unit testing, debugging and documentation, following Agile Development Methodology (SCRUM).
- Develop standards for the technical design, development and testing as well as conducting peer technical review including design, code review and white box testing.
- Work with product managers to ensure delivery of all projects is on time and to the agreed quality and specification.
- Provide technical coaching of less experienced development staff.
- Provide application architecture and design leadership to the development team for new build, integration and on-going system maintenance and enhancements.
Key Skills, Experience & Education Needed for Success:
- Minimum of 8 years of leadership in technology initiatives, ideally in a data intensive product or services oriented company.
- Deep understanding of .NET technologies C#4.0 , ASP.Net, Web Services, MVC
- Work experience in relational database such as MS SQL Server, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS
- A good understanding of the IT development lifecycle, with full lifecycle experience, from design through to load test and operational maintenance.
- Strong strategic ability on designing frameworks for web application architecture with strong focus on quality, performance and security, then assuring compliance through review of designs and code.
- Experience in using development tools such as Visual Studio and configuration and design tools ( UML, TFS)
- Deep understanding of Database, Middleware, Security, Performance Tuning and Mobile domains
- Requires a Bachelors degree
Back to top