CEB is theleading member-based advisory company. We give executives insight into how themost successful organizations operate. We equip senior executives and theirteams with actionable solutions to transform their businesses and achieve theirgoals.
CEB’s Talent ManagementGroup helps our customers set their talent strategies and meettheir talent management goals in assessment, selection, development, andperformance management. Our products improve business performance by allowingour customers to realize the value and potential of people.
About the Job
The Research Scientist (RS) is a core contributor on the MeasurementCapabilities team. The RS is responsible for working on the development andsupport of a variety of talent management solutions that require coordinationwith various internal departments and external clients (potentially), whilemaintaining a high level of customer service and quality. The RS will applytheir research, analytical and product development skills to design and implementtalent management insights within a range of content areas (e.g., developingand validating assessment content, analyzing data to identify new talentinsights, contributing to new talent management solutions that utilize multipleCEB products/assets). This role will require potential for “networkperformance;” in other words, the RS will coordinate with multiple internaldepartments, senior stakeholders, and external clients (as needed/appropriate) throughtheir project work.
- Act as a contributor to Measurement Capabilities’ projects, including:
- R&D to develop new assessment solutions or techniques.
- Design and apply instruments to improve and collect data in support ofresearch, validation and development projects.
- Serve as an internal subject matter expert, providing support to multipleproject and other team members on their projects.
- Conductingresearch on major talent management topics – including employment assessment,selection, leadership, employee engagement, employee retention, etc.
- Write and revise technical documents as required to summarize project findingsand implications.
Shared Responsibilities & Additional Duties:
§ Attend group meetings to exchange ideasand provide a status report.
§ Attend departmental and cross-departmental meetings.
§ Answer questions and provide support toother departments.
§ AssistProduct Management in defining solutions to be developed.
§ Stay current on I/O research.
Education, Experience & Qualifications:
- Proficient in statistical and analytic software, such as SPSS, SAS, and/or R
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PPT, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to conceive and execute complex research projects andtasks.
- Ability to translate business/product objectives into actionable analyses isrequired.
- Ability to communicate findings and recommendations to executive and expertaudiences in reports and presentations is required.
- PhD in I/O Psychology or related area
- 1-3 years of experience conducting research on, or analyzing, talentmanagement and related business challenges. Including activities such as:building predictive models, analyzing business and HR data, identifying bestpractice management solutions, and developing assessments (personality,cognitive ability, hard skills, biodata, situational judgment, simulations,etc.)
- Experience in presenting information to groups
Back to top