Research Director - CEB Total Rewards Leadership Council
Business Research Is at the Heart of What We Do
By pooling the collective experience of more than 300,000 business professionals and 10,000 companies in our member network, we cultivate data and fact-based insights about corporate performance. These insights allow us to develop research, analytic tools, and solutions that empower corporate leaders.
We are not a scientific research company. We focus on discovering big ideas that impact corporate functions, including sales and marketing, finance, technology, legal, procurement, and human resources.
How You Will Make an Impact at CEB:
Research Directors work closely with C-level executives to identify and produce research that solve complex business challenges on a global scale. This includes directing the scope of the research, identifying and executing on product deliverables – including diagnostics and webinars, and building new content ideas.
You will need to work with agility to respond to executive needs as they are uncovered and evolve, as well as partner with commercial and other team members to drive to joint success.
As the lead on this team, you will:
- Engage executives from Fortune 500 companies to identify their most pressing challenges marketing and selling to the SME market.
- Lead a Research team through CEB’s proprietary research process — including hypothesis generation, primary and secondary research, and root cause analysis — to identify best-in-class solutions.
- Conduct surveys and focus groups with small businesses; and phone interviews with executives, academics, and industry experts to discover best practices.
- Lead extensive secondary literature searches and elicit the highest quality insights for use in white papers, exclusive member webinars, and highly visible research studies.
- Present research findings to senior CEB managers and member companies.
- Directly lead, develop, and motivate members of the Research team.
- Identify executive needs and develop research and products around them.
- Work across the firm to identify and take advantage of overlapping themes and projects.
- Develop and execute on product plan, including research topics, webinars, diagnostics, and other deliverables.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 7 years of research experience
- 7 years of experience in analyzing quantitative and qualitative data to identify relevant findings
- 7 years of experience conducting primary and secondary research utilizing qualitative and quantitative data
- Experience creating graphical representations of data
- At least one year experience managing projects
- Experience in leading and managing a team of researchers
- Master’s or PhD in a social science strongly preferred
- Deep understanding of key Total Rewards and Benefits topics
- Excellent communication and project management skills
- Prior team management experience
- 3 years of project management experience
- Demonstrated ability to teach and relay ideas, engage clients, and work in a team
- Experience communicating complex data through relevant means to senior leaders
- Prior experience in marketing
Why You Should Be Interested in a Research Career with CEB:
- A unique opportunity to explore your intellectual curiosity while working for a global company that is distinguished by the quality of its insights.
- An opportunity to work with and learn from truly exceptional colleagues, in a collaborative, team-based environment.
- Robust training, support, coaching, mentorship, and on-the-job development to achieve career success and advance within the Research Community.
- A work environment characterized by a Spirit of Generosity, where senior leadership encourages staff to give back and make an impact on the communities in which we live and work.
CEB is a best practice insight and technology company. In partnership with leading organizations around the globe, we develop innovative solutions to drive corporate performance. CEB equips leaders at more than 10,000 companies with the intelligence to effectively manage talent, customers, and operations. CEB is a trusted partner to 90% of the Fortune 500, nearly 75% of the Dow Jones Asian Titans, and more than 85% of the FTSE 100. More at cebglobal.com.
Known as an innovative growth firm, CEB is hiring experienced professionals and early careerists within a variety of intellectually stimulating careers. Learn more about our global opportunities at cebcareers.com.
Back to top