By pooling the collective experience of more than 300,000 business professionals and 10,000 companies in our member network, we cultivate data and fact-based insights about corporate performance. These insights allow us to develop research, analytic tools, and solutions that empower corporate leaders.
We are not a scientific research company. We focus on discovering big ideas that impact corporate functions, including sales and marketing, finance, technology, legal, procurement, and human resources.
How You Will Make an Impact at CEB:
Research Directors work closely with senior executives to identify and produce research that solve complex business challenges on a global scale. This includes directing the scope of the research, identifying and executing on product deliverables – including diagnostics and webinars, and building new content ideas.
You will need to work with agility to respond to executive needs as they are uncovered and evolve, as well as partner with commercial and other team members to drive to joint success.
As the lead on this team, you will:
- Engage senior executives from leading wealth management firms to identify their most pressing challenges.
- Lead a Research team through CEB's proprietary research process — including hypothesis generation, primary and secondary research, and root cause analysis — to identify best-in-class solutions.
- Directly lead, develop, and motivate members of the Research team.
- Manage and shape the product plan, including research topics, webinars, diagnostics, and other deliverables.
- Lead the design of surveys of to resolve difficult strategic questions facing industry executives.
- Lead extensive secondary literature searches and elicit the highest quality insights for use in white papers, exclusive member webinars, and highly visible research studies.
- Present research findings to senior CEB managers and member companies.
- Partner with commercial and advisory colleagues to ensure CEB members and clients get value from work as well as to attract new members and clients.
- Work across the firm to identify and take advantage of overlapping themes and projects.
- Bachelor's degree required
- 7 years of experience in analyzing quantitative and qualitative data to identify relevant findings
- 7 years of experience conducting primary and secondary research utilizing qualitative and quantitative data
- Experience creating graphical representations of data
- At least three years of experience managing projects
- Experience in leading and managing a team of researchers
- MBA or Master's or PhD in a social science strongly preferred
- Excellent communication and project management skills
- Prior team management experience
- Demonstrated ability to teach and relay ideas, engage clients, and work in a team
- Experience communicating complex data through relevant means to senior leaders
Why You Should Be Interested in a Research Career with CEB:
- A unique opportunity to explore your intellectual curiosity while working for a global company that is distinguished by the quality of its insights.
- An opportunity to work with and learn from truly exceptional colleagues, in a collaborative, team-based environment.
- Robust training, support, coaching, mentorship, and on-the-job development to achieve career success and advance within the Research Community.
- A work environment characterized by a Spirit of Generosity, where senior leadership encourages staff to give back and make an impact on the communities in which we live and work.
Meet Some of CEB's Employees
Business Development Associate
Andrew works with his team to find and reach out to new business prospects for CEB. He interfaces with Fortune 500 companies across the world—and gets them on board with CEB's solutions.
Back to top