Research Consultant, Government Practice
Are you intellectually curious andmotivated by ideas? Do you want to conduct research that has impact?
At CEB now Gartner, we're seeking an experiencedResearch Consultant to discover and generate actionable business ideas thatwill influence federal, state, and local government sectors as well asFortune 100 executives and help them transform their organizations. CEB nowGartner research is often cited in major news outlets including Forbes, HarvardBusiness Review, The Washington Post, and The Economist, allowing our firm toextend our impact even further.
Business Research Is at the Heart of What We Do
By pooling the collective experience of the morethan 300,000 business professionals and 10,000 companies in our member network,we cultivate data- and fact-based insights about corporate performance. Theseinsights allow us to develop research, analytic tools, and solutions thatempower corporate leaders.
We are not a scientific research company. We focus on discovering big ideasthat impact corporate functions, including sales and marketing, finance,technology, legal, procurement, and human resources.
Interested in learning more? Hear fromour ResearchCommunity.
How You Will Make an Impact at CEB nowGartner:
Research Consultants work closely with C-level executives to identify andproduce research that solve complex business challenges on a global scale. As alead on this team, you will:
- Engage executives from Fortune 500- and mid- size companies to identify theirmost pressing business challenges.
- Lead a Research team through CEB now Gartner's proprietary research process —including hypothesis generation, primary and secondary research, and root causeanalysis — to identify best-in-class solutions.
- Conduct phone interviews with executives, academics, and industry experts todiscover best practices.
- Lead extensive secondary literature searches and elicit the highest qualityinsights for use in white papers, exclusive member webinars, and highly visibleresearch studies.
- Present research findings to senior CEB now Gartner managers and membercompanies.
- Directly lead, develop, and motivate one or more members of the Research team.
- Bachelor's degree required
- 4 years of research experience
- 4 years of experience in analyzing quantitative and qualitative data toidentify relevant findings
- 4 years of experience conducting primary and secondary research utilizingqualitative and quantitative data
- Experience creating graphical representations of data
- At least one year experience managing projects
- Experience in or desire to lead and manage a team of researchers
- Must be willing to work out of CEB now Gartner's offices in Arlington, VA
- Master's or PhD in a social science strongly preferred
- Excellent communication and project management skills
- Prior team management experience
- 3 years of project management experience
- Demonstrated ability to teach and relay ideas, engage clients and work in ateam
- Experience communicating complex data through relevant means to senior leaders
Why You Should Be Interested in aResearch Career with CEB now Gartner:
- A unique opportunity to explore your intellectual curiosity while working fora global company that is distinguished by the quality of its insights.
- An opportunity to work with and learn from truly exceptional colleagues, in acollaborative, team-based environment.
- Robust training, support, coaching, mentorship, and on-the-job development toachieve career success and advance within the Research Community.
- A work environment characterized by a Spirit of Generosity, where seniorleadership encourages staff to give back and make an impact on thecommunities in which we live and work.
About CEB now Gartner:
CEB now Gartner is a best practice insight and technology company. Inpartnership with leading organizations around the globe, we develop innovativesolutions to drive corporate performance. CEB now Gartner equips leadersat more than 10,000 companies with the intelligence to effectively managetalent, customers, and operations. CEB now Gartner is a trusted partner to90% of the Fortune 500, nearly 75% of the Dow Jones Asian Titans,and more than 85% of the FTSE 100. More at cebglobal.com.
Known as an innovative growth firm, CEB now Gartner is hiring experiencedprofessionals and early careerists within a variety of intellectuallystimulating careers. Learn more about our global opportunities at cebcareers.com.
CEB now Gartner isan Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Allqualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regardto sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, geneticinformation, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment,citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any otherstatus protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law. CEB nowGartner promotes a drug-free workplace. CEB now Gartner will consider foremployment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistentwith the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries.
Meet Some of CEB's Employees
Business Development Associate
Andrew works with his team to find and reach out to new business prospects for CEB. He interfaces with Fortune 500 companies across the world—and gets them on board with CEB's solutions.
Back to top