Are you intellectually curious and motivated by ideas? Do you want to conduct research that has impact?
At CEB, we're seeking experienced Research Consultant and Principal Research Consultants to discover and generate actionable business ideas that will influence Fortune 100 executives and help them transform their organizations. CEB research is often cited in major news outlets including Forbes, Harvard Business Review, The Washington Post, and The Economist, allowing our firm to extend our impact even further.
Business Research Is at the Heart of What We Do
By pooling the collective experience of the more than 300,000 business professionals and 10,000 companies in our member network, we cultivate data- and fact-based insights about corporate performance. These insights allow us to develop research, analytic tools, and solutions that empower corporate leaders.
We are not a scientific research company. We focus on discovering big ideas that impact corporate functions, including sales and marketing, finance, technology, legal, procurement, and human resources.
Interested in learning more? Hear from our Research Community.
How You Will Make an Impact at CEB:
Research Consultants and Principal Research Consultants work closely with C-level executives to identify and produce research that solve complex business challenges on a global scale. As a lead on this team, you will:
- Engage executives from Fortune 500- and mid- size companies to identify their most pressing business challenges.
- Lead a Research team through CEB's proprietary research process — including hypothesis generation, primary and secondary research, and root cause analysis — to identify best-in-class solutions.
- Conduct phone interviews with executives, academics, and industry experts to discover best practices.
- Lead extensive secondary literature searches and elicit the highest quality insights for use in white papers, exclusive member webinars, and highly visible research studies.
- Present research findings to senior CEB managers and member companies.
- Directly lead, develop, and motivate one or more members of the Research team.
- Bachelor's degree required
- 4 years of research experience
- 4 years of experience in analyzing quantitative and qualitative data to identify relevant findings
- 4 years of experience conducting primary and secondary research utilizing qualitative and quantitative data
- Experience creating graphical representations of data
- At least one year experience managing projects
- Experience in or desire to lead and manage a team of researchers
- Must be willing to work out of CEB Headquarters in Arlington, VA
- Master's or PhD in a social science strongly preferred
- Excellent communication and project management skills
- Prior team management experience
- 3 years of project management experience
- Demonstrated ability to teach and relay ideas, engage clients and work in a team
- Experience communicating complex data through relevant means to senior leaders
Why You Should Be Interested in a Research Career with CEB:
- A unique opportunity to explore your intellectual curiosity while working for a global company that is distinguished by the quality of its insights.
- An opportunity to work with and learn from truly exceptional colleagues, in a collaborative, team-based environment.
- Robust training, support, coaching, mentorship, and on-the-job development to achieve career success and advance within the Research Community.
- A work environment characterized by a Spirit of Generosity, where senior leadership encourages staff to give back and make an impact on the communities in which we live and work.
CEB is a best practice insight and technology company. In partnership with leading organizations around the globe, we develop innovative solutions to drive corporate performance. CEB equips leaders at more than 10,000 companies with the intelligence to effectively manage talent, customers, and operations. CEB is a trusted partner to 90% of the Fortune 500, nearly 75% of the Dow Jones Asian Titans, and more than 85% of the FTSE 100. More at cebglobal.com.
Known as an innovative growth firm, CEB is hiring experienced professionals and early careerists within a variety of intellectually stimulating careers. Learn more about our global opportunities at cebcareers.com.
CEB is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law. CEB promotes a drug-free workplace. CEB will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries.
Meet Some of CEB's Employees
Business Development Associate
Andrew works with his team to find and reach out to new business prospects for CEB. He interfaces with Fortune 500 companies across the world—and gets them on board with CEB's solutions.
Back to top