CEB is a best practice insight and technology company. In partnership with leading organizations around the globe, we develop innovative solutions to drive corporate performance. CEB equips leaders at more than 10,000 companies with the intelligence to effectively manage talent, customers, and operations. CEB is a trusted partner to 90% of the Fortune 500, nearly 75% of the Dow Jones Asian Titans, and more than 85% of the FTSE 100. More at cebglobal.com
Known as an innovative growth firm, CEB is hiring experienced professionals and early careerists within a variety of intellectually stimulating careers. Learn more about our global opportunities at cebcareers.com
Position: Research Analyst
CEB is searching for a Research Analyst to be part of an India-based team. The Research Analyst will be responsible for investigating, analyzing and reporting on critical issues facing senior executives in leading global corporations. This individual will work on a wide range of work streams and written deliverables that require both qualitative and quantitative research methods, including (but not limited to): online community moderation (formatting and supplementing answers on various client discussion forums); quick-turnaround information summaries from discussion forums; client interview summaries; white papers and qualitative and quantitative benchmarking and data analysis. Research Analysts must be intellectually curious and have the desire to quickly develop “generalist” knowledge. The Research Analyst role is a key feeder to careers reaching the highest levels of the firm.
- Conduct wide-ranging secondary literature searches and synthesize information to elicit key insights for use in short white papers.
- Use analytical tools such as root cause analysis to identify the drivers of members’ business problems, create hypotheses regarding solutions, and test differences between conventional and progressive practice.
- Respond to inbound research inquiries from executives at individual member organizations who need quick turnaround data and solutions.
- Perform research by reading, networking with members, vendors and senior research analysts, evaluating and analyzing information
- Arrange and conduct interviews with senior executives, academics and industry experts in search of innovative ideas
- Maintain a regular calendar of research deliverables – white papers, quick response notes, issue briefs – around a specific technology area
- Build web-based resource centers, toolkits and benchmarking analyses
We seek candidates who are principally motivated by ideas. Unlike management consulting, investment banking, or law, our strategic research positions do not depend on a special appetite or aptitude for sales or business development. Our search for talent is centered without exception on two attributes. The first is Force of Intellect—the ability to run deep on a logical, philosophical, or economic problem and resurface with rigorous original insight. The second attribute is Spirit of Generosity—the same quality of service within the firm that we aspire to provide to our members. Some of the shared characteristics of our successful hires include:
- Interest and knowledge of how technology is transforming business
- Outstanding (English) communications skills, including writing, graphics, and oral communication.
- Excellent project and time management skills.
- Strong appetite to dive deep into a given content terrain to develop expertise and distill key findings.
- Ability to locate and procure information from original sources and senior executives.
- Proficiency in distilling large amounts of information into relevant insight.
- Ability to analyze quantitative and/or qualitative data to identify relevant findings.
- Ability to develop strong research relationships with members and content experts.
- Skill at working both independently and in a team environment.
- Exceptional record of achievement in academics.
- Aspiration to constantly learn and improve.
- Masters with 0-2 years of Research / Management Consulting experience OR Bachelors with 3-4 years of research experience.
For more information on other exciting opportunities, please visit our Careers page.
CEB is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Meet Some of CEB's Employees
Senior Business Development Manager
Peter helps HR & customer service leaders evaluate and join CEB’s best practice research programs by showing them how their involvement will impact business performance.
Back to top