Program Manager, HRD Forums, Melbourne
Program Manager, CEB International HRD Forum – based in Melbourne
Founded in 1990, CEB International Executive Forums provide a comprehensive business briefing service and network for sharing ideas and experiences exclusively for the local leaders of global companies. CEB International Executive Forums comprises four peer groups, the International CEO Forum with over 300 members, the International CFO Forum with 200 members, the International HRD Forum with 180 members and the newly launched International CSO Forum. In addition, the Forums business delivers a number of special events for female executives and emerging leaders. CEB recently expanded the business into Asia with the International CSO Forum as well as the International CFO Forum in Singapore.
In 2015, the Forums business was acquired by CEB (NYSE: CEB), the leading member-based advisory company. By combining the best practices of thousands of member companies with our advanced research methodologies and human capital analytics, we equip senior leaders and their teams with insight and actionable solutions to transform operations. This distinctive approach, pioneered by CEB, enables executives to harness peer perspectives and tap into breakthrough innovation without costly consulting or reinvention. CEB’s client and member network includes more than 16,000 executives, 85 percent of the Fortune 500, 85 percent of the ASX 200, 50 percent of the Dow Jones Asian Titans, 70 percent of the FTSE 100 and 80 percent of the DAX-30. It spans more than 50 countries, 5,300 individual organizations, and 225,000 business professionals. For more information, visit www.cebglobal.com.
The Program Manager is responsible for managing a professional and personal development network for HR Directors of multinational corporations operating in Australia. The role is a challenging and exciting combination of building and maintaining strong relationships with HR Directors, understanding the issues facing their business, partnering with the Program Director to build a program of events and briefings to help solve member challenges, collaborating effectively in a matrixed team environment to ensure maximum engagement of our members, and interacting with them and their teams with sharp professionalism, poise, and emotional maturity.
The ideal candidate will possess comfort and ease in interaction with member HR Directors; will have a highly organised and detail-oriented approach to complex process management, be able to flex from strategic thinking and interpersonal situations to administrative and routine tasks, and oversee the efficient delivery of a busy programme of monthly and bi-monthly speaker events, informal meetings for members, and several large conferences through the year.
- Client Interaction: Develop authentic relationships with a pool of HR Directors with the intent to stimulate engagement in Forum membership. Drive HR Director commitment to participate in events and meetings with their peers. Interact with CFOs/HR Directors to surface and support individual client needs/requests. Capture key CFO/HR Director business challenges.
- Client Engagement Oversight: Coordinate and monitor health of individual client relationships by managing key individual client interactions. Oversee the participation of members in Forum events and analyse patterns, risks and opportunities in participation data.
- Program Design and Management: Work closely with program directors (who have ultimate responsibility for building the program, facilitating the meetings and conducting any member directed research) and event management team to create events that support identified member business challenges. Events include small lunches (10-15 members sharing ideas on specific challenges), Briefings (20-80 members participating in a 2-4 hour sessions comprised of panel discussions and presentations by fellow members, leading authors, economists, politicians, etc.), Conferences (80 members participating in 1-2 day events) and social events (dinners with partners at premier Sydney/Melbourne restaurants and venues).
- Event Recruitment Design: Set event communications plan, including value statement for participants, deadlines and milestones for recruitment activity. Conduct reviews/audits of recruitment activity and make calls on intervention/updates as required to ensure strong member turn-out to events.
- Commercial Focus and Business Development: Responsibility for renewal of a pool of members as well as supporting business development activities by inviting prospective members to events, engaging them at the event in partnership with the Program Director and following up to gauge interest in joining the group.
- Entrepreneurial Opportunity: Contribute to a wide range of internal ‘Business Building’ activities e.g. contribute to development of marketing strategy, support recruiting efforts, guide training/development approach, support creation of new and/or improved products and services in collaboration with fellow Directors and Managers.
- Ability to interact with senior executive membership confidently and professionally
- Excellent relationship skills and strong customer service focus
- High-level communication skills (especially building rapport on phone)
- Highly organised with demonstrable attention to detail
- Excellent time management and account management skills
- Original/creative thinking and superior problem solving abilities
- Ability to maintain positivity and prioritise work when under pressure
- Flexibility and adaptability in a dynamic and evolving environment
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a small team
- Experience working with C-suite executives
- University degree and minimum 5 years relationship/account management experience
- Demonstrable technical skills (Proficiency in MS Office suite, particularly Excel and Powerpoint, Salesforce or similar database/CRM system).
- Strong demonstration of team, collaboration and collegial warmth
- Results-oriented; solid work ethic
For more information on other exciting opportunities, please visit our Careers page.
CEB is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Meet Some of CEB's Employees
Senior Business Development Manager
Peter helps HR & customer service leaders evaluate and join CEB’s best practice research programs by showing them how their involvement will impact business performance.
Back to top