Program Manager, CEB International CEO Forum
Australia/New Zealand (based in Sydney)
CEB (NYSE: EXBD)
Founded in 1990, CEB International Executive Forums provide a comprehensive business briefing service and network for sharing ideas and experiences exclusively for the local leaders of global companies. CEB International Executive Forums comprises three peer groups, the International CEO Forum with over 300 members, the International CFO Forum with 200 members and the International HRD Forum with 180 members. In addition, the Forums business delivers a number of special events for female executives and emerging executives. In 2016, CEB International Executive Forums is expanding and will launch the International CSO Forum in Australia as well as the International CFO Forum in Singapore.
In 2015, the Forums business was acquired by CEB (NYSE: CEB), the leading member-based advisory company. By combining the best practices of thousands of member companies with our advanced research methodologies and human capital analytics, we equip senior leaders and their teams with insight and actionable solutions to transform operations. This distinctive approach, pioneered by CEB, enables executives to harness peer perspectives and tap into breakthrough innovation without costly consulting or reinvention. CEB’s client and member network includes more than 16,000 executives, 85 percent of the Fortune 500, 85 percent of the ASX 200, 50 percent of the Dow Jones Asian Titans, 70 percent of the FTSE 100 and 80 percent of the DAX-30. It spans more than 50 countries, 5,300 individual organizations, and 225,000 business professionals. For more information, visit www.cebglobal.com.
The Program Manager is responsible for managing a professional and personal development network for CEOs of multinational corporations operating in Australia. The role is a challenging and exciting combination of building and maintaining strong relationships with CEOs and their EAs, driving high quality events, collaborating effectively in a matrixed team environment to ensure maximum engagement of our members, and interacting with them and their teams with sharp professionalism, poise, and EQ.
The ideal candidate will possess comfort and ease in interaction with member CEOs and their EAs; will have a highly organised and detail-oriented approach to complex process management, be able to flex from strategic thinking and interpersonal situations to administrative and routine tasks, and oversee the efficient delivery of a busy programme of monthly and bi-monthly speaker events, informal meetings for members, and several large conferences through the year.
- Client Interaction: Develop authentic support relationships with CEOs and their EAs with the intent to stimulate engagement in Forum membership. Drive CEO commitment to participate in events and individual meetings with Program Directors. Interact with CEOs to surface and support individual client needs/requests. Capture key CEO business challenges in collaboration with Program Directors.
- Client Engagement Oversight: Coordinate and monitor health of individual client relationships with program directors by managing key individual client interactions. Oversee the participation of clients in Forum events and analyse patterns, risks and opportunities in participation data.
- Event Design and Management: Work closely with program directors and event management team to design events that meet requirements of program strategy, including specifying requirements for venues, look/feel of events, logistical requirements, design and production of program materials and collateral. Staff events to ensure high value client experience.
- Event Recruitment Design: Set event communications plan, including value statement for participants, deadlines and milestones for recruitment activity. Conduct reviews/audits of recruitment activity and make calls on intervention/updates as required.
- Commercial Focus and Business Development: Support commercial and business development activities by brainstorming with fellow Directors and Managers on new client opportunities and sharing leads, working with program directors on event sponsorship strategy and execution.
- Entrepreneurial Opportunity: Contribute to a wide range of internal ‘Business Building’ activities e.g. develop marketing strategy, support recruiting efforts, guide training/development approach, support creation of new and/or improved products and services by providing market feedback to department leadership and research team, etc.
- Ability to interact with senior executive membership confidently and professionally
- Excellent relationship skills and strong customer service focus
- High-level communication skills (especially building rapport on phone)
- Highly organised with demonstrable attention to detail
- Excellent time management and project management skills – ability to coordinate multiple short-term and long-term projects simultaneously and prioritize competing demands
- Original/creative thinking and superior problem solving abilities
- Ability to maintain positivity and prioritise work when under pressure
- Flexibility and adaptability in a dynamic and evolving environment
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a small team
- Experience working with C-suite executives (and EAs)
- University degree and minimum 5 years relevant experience
- Demonstrable technical skills (Proficiency in MS Office suite, particularly Excel and Powerpoint, Salesforce or similar database/CRM system, Cvent).
- Strong demonstration of team, collaboration and collegial warmth
- Results-oriented; solid work ethic.
Back to top