Product Strategy Leader: HR Executive Networks
This is a newly created role responsible for ensuring flawless execution of our critical advisory boards that support CEB now Gartner in its mission of serving senior HR executives globally. These advisory boards constitute the most senior leaders from the most progressive organizations in the world. These advisory boards include: 1) The CHRO Global Leadership Board; 2) The Talent Management Advisory Board; 3) The Recruiting Customer Advisory Board. Each board has a unique membership and objectives. The person in this role will ensure that each board is appropriately developed, serviced, and grown in pursuit of CEB now Gartner's business objectives.
Responsibilities across these groups fall into 4 main categories:
- Recruitment & Retention: Own the recruitment and retention strategy for the board. Specific duties include:
- Vetting senior executives to participate in the Boards with the right role/scope, known brands, and thought leadership.
- Lead all recruitment and retention calls
- Engage with Board members on an ongoing basis to build relationships.
- Live/Virtual Meetings: Own project management and oversee the overall meeting experience to ensure we adopt a broad view of topics for discussion and ensure the experience balances teaching board members something new with testing our specific products. Specific duties include:
- Event management / facilitation - Responsible for overseeing the logistics and meeting planning for the overall events.
- Leading the agenda-setting process which includes surfacing key guidance from management and key areas of interest from Board members
- Overseeing content development / speakers
- Leading Debrief and Implementation Planning
- Facilitate Board Member Working Groups: Own oversight of project management and content development for board member working groups.
- Coordinate and manage the agenda for internal check-ins with board chair(s) to drive progress on their work streams.
- Serve as key thought partner / content expert on CEB now Gartner research to provide recommendations on existing research to support working groups.
- Lead internal project teams to create new content requested by board members, in support of their working groups.
- Internal Liaison to Sales and Marketing: The research director is responsible for coordinating with other internal partners to advance the Boards. Specific duties include:
- Working with the Marketing and PR teams to effectively promote and recognize member involvement, benefits of fulfillment of tangible membership benefits.
- Keep commercial partners apprised of group activities, what members say, issues they raise. Serve as an informal concierge to help them address service issues in special situations.
- Bachelor's degree required (MBA, JD or other graduate degree preferred)
- Minimum of 8 years of related work experience in business strategy, consulting, law, and/or journalism
- Ability to quickly master a new research terrain and conduct substantive content discussions with senior-level executives
- Exceptional facilitation skills to engage audiences of 1 to 10
- Highly entrepreneurial, be willing to iterate on new concepts to improve success rate
- A motivation, ability and drive to constantly engage with highly visible executives while producing valuable business outcomes.
- An aggressive rigor around project management and organization where no detail is too small when working with dozens of highly visible executives.
Meet Some of CEB's Employees
Senior Business Development Manager
Peter helps HR & customer service leaders evaluate and join CEB’s best practice research programs by showing them how their involvement will impact business performance.
Back to top